Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Multi-red production and sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need Help!!!!!#14291 still waiting for delivery button. Now My tesla site states "your order will be release to factory on April 15th 2013" before updating my order on Monday April 1st to add Performance plus it used to say" factory is building your Model S performance". I called and left messages with my DS. no answer yet. I talked to three different agents and they all had different answers. I am very confused... and upset

I thought you cancelled your order with the Alcantara change, lol.

Delivery button for me today as well!! Edit: April 12th-April 26th Delivery Date! Delivering to Seattle Service Center.

For those who have issues with it, all it does is take you here: http://www.teslamotors.com/delivery/start

So log in and try going directly there after logging in?

When I do this I get this cryptic message: This order has NOT been invited, sending back to mytesla.

How much more torture can Tesla manage, or is this just some programming screw-up with My Tesla?

Of course, no one answered and I left a message. But I don't expect a reply anytime soon, if ever.

The Tesla Customer Experience has a very long way to go in terms of customer care. I have a list emails and phone calls that were never answered. This is all a failing of corporate headquarters.

My experience with the Service Centers has been the opposite -- phenomenal.

Of course, no one answered and I left a message. But I don't expect a reply anytime soon, if ever.

The Tesla Customer Experience has a very long way to go in terms of customer care. I have a list emails and phone calls that were never answered. This is all a failing of corporate headquarters.

My experience with the Service Centers has been the opposite -- phenomenal.

Email seems to work much better

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What email do you use?

Foot in mouth. Right after my last post Tesla called, told me the button issue was related to the recent upgrade of the web site, apologized for the inconvenience, and put me in touch with my DS, whom I have yet to contact. So my apologies to Tesla for some premature judgment.

- - - Updated - - -

What email do you use?

The Customer Experience one on the web site.

Need Help!!!!!#14291 still waiting for delivery button. Now My tesla site states "your order will be release to factory on April 15th 2013" before updating my order on Monday April 1st to add Performance plus it used to say" factory is building your Model S performance". I called and left messages with my DS. no answer yet. I talked to three different agents and they all had different answers. I am very confused... and upset

I had a similar change when I upgraded my order to include the Performance Plus package. I think this occurred at the same time as they were making other changes, for example, you apparently don't sign electronic documents for changes now. In addition the status of your car is supposed to be more accurate then the generic "factory is building your Model S"

I would be interested in feedback from others.

Has anyone who now has a delivery date (and button) on a red car, upgraded that car to the Performance Plus package?

If this is not the case maybe they are batching cars with the Performance Plus package to a later date. If you do hear anything more please post.

You do know that the wax and polish companies have complete control at Tesla, right? They're just pissed at you for debunking their product claims and this is payback.

I wondered about that:).

Actually, I just got off the phone with the delivery folks. They told me production was shut down for the week and won't resume again until Monday, and that they'd reach out with a VIN as soon as they have one next week. I was given a delivery window of April 24 - May 8 but also told that a more precise delivery estimate would be provided next week as well. We also confirmed all of the delivery information (address, etc). So now that there's some certainty to it all, I'm a happy camper.

Would like to see some more 60's in red getting delivery button, looks like mostly 85's getting done.

On their web site they list expected delivery time as:

85 kWh Performance as 1 month
85 kWh as 2 months
60 kWh as 3 months

I think they are clearly delivering early the cars that they make the most margin on. They are pushing hard to not only be profitable but to push their margins to 25%. In the near term high margin seems to be only available on the most expensive models. Hopefully over time that pressure changes and they will come closer to delivering in the order a car is purchased. But I expect in the near term 60kWh will take longer to produce because of margins and the desire to encourage people to order more expensive cars to get them sooner.

It is hard to make 25% margins on a "base model" car when battery packs are such a huge fixed cost.