Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use AP1 a lot on my MX90D, and on repeat trips from the Cleveland area to both Pittsburgh and Buffalo, attempted to keep track of when I drove vs the autopilot system. I do not see a way where the system can keep track for you of trip miles in these 2 modes. So I used my wife making paper and pencil notes. She was not too happy about that, but mostly because she does not want me to use autopilot AT ALL. Or the rear camera either for that matter.....

For example from my home to a relative's home outside Buffalo, the distance is about 189 miles and we recorded less than 20 with me in full control. I was amazed with that. The manual driving was mostly when I was not on the interstate, or when I got nervous about a situation on route. And of course on/off ramps or toll booths.

Does anyone know of a feature in the Tesla system that can record for us autopilot vs non-autopilot distance driven? I'm sure that Tesla's fleet database has this kind of info but they are not talking.

AP2 sends the reports about tacc/ap use after every trip that you can intercept and tally up. I suspect on AP1 and on cid in particular there's also something keeping track of it as part of other telemetry, but I did not look into it too closely. It might be part of those binary gateway logs.