Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Torque specs with aftermarket lug nuts (Rays Dura)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to get a set of Rays Dura lug nuts and curious about its torque specs. On the back of the box it states it should be torqued to 140Nm (103 lb-ft) which is lower than Tesla's recommendation of 129 lb-ft. Anyone torque their Rays lug nuts or other aftermarket lug nuts to 129 lb-ft? TIA.

I use Gorilla spline nuts @129 ft lb.

Check what that 103 ft lb is supposed to be. Just a generic recommendation? Supposedly specific for Tesla? Or the max it can handle?

If it’s just generic or their recommendation, check to see if it’ll handle 129. If it can handle it, torque it to 129. If not or it’s the max it can handle, look elsewhere for lug nuts that can handle 129 and then torque it to 129.

Last thing you need is for your wheels to come off because they wiggled their way off.

PS, don’t over torque them either… stripping a nut/bolt or shearing one isn’t much better than under torquing.

Reactions: Mike500 and jtxxx
I use Gorilla spline nuts @129 ft lb.

Check what that 103 ft lb is supposed to be. Just a generic recommendation? Supposedly specific for Tesla? Or the max it can handle?

If it’s just generic or their recommendation, check to see if it’ll handle 129. If it can handle it, torque it to 129. If not or it’s the max it can handle, look elsewhere for lug nuts that can handle 129 and then torque it to 129.

Last thing you need is for your wheels to come off because they wiggled their way off.

PS, don’t over torque them either… stripping a nut/bolt or shearing one isn’t much better than under torquing.
Not specific to Tesla but seem to be a generic recommendation for their m14 lug nuts. I'll look into Gorilla lug nuts 👍 thanks!