Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toronto sales and service center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully they'll get that figured out soon. Does this "just" mean you won't have access to faster charging since you'll be relying more on the mobile unit?

I'm sure there is a way to get the CSA certification if you're on your own on this.

There is a way to get Ontario Hydro approval on a one-off basis, but that is not necessary. The units ARE in fact CSA certified.

The problem was that the sticker hadn't been updated before they shipped the unit. That was already in the works, and Tesla was able to FedEx me a replacement sticker quite quickly.

So now we're good to go!

I spoke with Hans Ulsrud today about the Toronto store. He said it should be open by the middle of summer. Apparently they have been running into some problems.

Also, I got my first drive in the Roadster Sport today. It was an amazing experience... :biggrin: Thanks again Dale & Hans!

Oh, Canada! Our Tesla Roadster Arrives in British Columbia

Doing a dealer-less delivery in BC is tricky, because you cannot insure the car until it is registered, and cannot register it until it is physically present. So… we found a location where we could do both and asked the truck to meet us across the street in what we remembered was a large and always empty parking lot.

P.S. For Sale – Ferrari 360 Modena, excellent condition, but a bit obsolete.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got back to the office from test driving Hans's new 2.5...simply outstanding!!!

I found the 2.5 much quieter than the 2.0...way less motor noise...love the new front end as well.

I met Sarah for the first time...very nice young lady...I appreciated her "light sales touch efforts" when speaking to my wife about the car while Hans & I were out bombing around the streets of Oakville (ON).

Now comes the hard part...convincing the wife of the need to special lease the Roadster until the S car is ready...unfortunately, my wife is way to smart to fall for the old "sure Honey, we'll take the Roadster back when the S car comes in" line...:eek::wink:

I'll be applying both the wine and whine gambits tonight...if anyone has any other stories of convincing a skeptical spouse, please feel free to post! :biggrin:

Thanks again to Hans & Sarah...had a great time & hope to see you again soon!

So does this mean there will be Tesla ties?

BTW, It's really easy to embed video here now. Just like photos with the "film" icon above.
t
Hey thanks, it works!!

I guess this was a very recent update because I had started another post in the video section a moment ago and it doesn't work. I'll fix that too then.

Hi Jaff. I'm glad you loved the 2.5 Roadster. Thanks for sharing the experience with us.

My wife is not into cars so I was nervous when she finally got a chance to see the Tesla (I had already ordered it by then). Her first words out of her mouth as she approached the Roadster was "This car is mine!". Oh well, if that's what it takes to let me buy one, then I accept.

I don't know what to recommend to you, Jaff, to help with selling the wife. Did she get a chance to drive it? Somehow you already had her onboard for the sedan.

Of course, every home should have a Roadster and a Model S charging in the garage, so I wish you good luck.

Hi PM,

Yes, I had Hans take her our for a test drive before me (as I had already had a test drive in Hans's red 2.0 Roadster).

I had "salted" the sales pitch for Hans advising him what to discuss (moving up on the S car waiting list / safety / environmental impact / etc) and what not to discuss (performance / cost)...by all accounts, he did a great job!

I didn't know what to expect as my wife is not really into cars per se either, but she was quite pleased and enthusiastic after driving the vehicle..not exactly as I expected...she is kind of anti-performance so Hans ensured that the performance mode was not on for her drive (thank God lol).

It was easy to get her on board for the S car as it looks much more like a a "normal" car than the Roadster...she is far "greener" than I am...she has to be as she works in the environmental field...this is the reason that we've had nothing but Hybrid vehicles for the last 5 years.

P.S. The scary thing was that she was looking at the Roadster colours after her ride...she kind of likes that weak-ass blue (EEK!!!)...I'll have to give her free reign to get her colour on the S car (providing she leaves me to my own devices on the Roadster):biggrin::biggrin:

Shazzam!!!

...talked the wife into it!!!!

I think that story about the 1000 S car order helped put it over the top!

Calling Hans tomorrow to place the order!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I just got back to the office from test driving Hans's new 2.5...simply outstanding!!!

I found the 2.5 much quieter than the 2.0...way less motor noise...love the new front end as well.

I met Sarah for the first time...very nice young lady...I appreciated her "light sales touch efforts" when speaking to my wife about the car while Hans & I were out bombing around the streets of Oakville (ON).

Now comes the hard part...convincing the wife of the need to special lease the Roadster until the S car is ready...unfortunately, my wife is way to smart to fall for the old "sure Honey, we'll take the Roadster back when the S car comes in" line...:eek::wink:

I'll be applying both the wine and whine gambits tonight...if anyone has any other stories of convincing a skeptical spouse, please feel free to post! :biggrin:

Thanks again to Hans & Sarah...had a great time & hope to see you again soon!

Last edited:
http://yfrog.com/ngfnzfj
scaled.php