Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toronto sales and service center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aha! Somewhere (here? ABG?) it was noted that a photo of a rear teacup noted it was supporting 925 lbs, which would indicate that the Roadster weighs 3700 lbs. But thanks to the video we see that the front teacups support 500 lbs for a total of 2850 lbs, more in line with the Roadster's weight.

I also noted that the video showed the power cord was plugged in. Earlier photos showed it was not. I would NOT like to be the guy who was entrusted with charging a Roadster balanced on teacups.

I'm a new member

Hi guy',

Nice picture. I'm still waiting for that grand opening in Toronto!! I'm in Montreal and ready to buy my ticket for this event. I'm ready for my Tesla, I just past my 220V plug in my garage!!! I'm maybe to optimist. Do you know if they have some delay on delivery in the US. I don't want wait another 3 years!!!

Toronto Store?

Well, it's now April; has Tesla picked a location in Toronto yet? I'm guessing there haven't been any Canadian deliveries yet since I haven't seen any press releases about that; apparently we're not a priority? At least my trip to Toronto will be in July - I'm sure they won't be THAT much past their estimate.

I'm guessing there haven't been any Canadian deliveries yet since I haven't seen any press releases about that; apparently we're not a priority?

I'm in communications with a Canadian owner, whose Roadster is in Menlo Park going through the final production stages having its drivetrain installed. The expectation is that it will be delivered soon, probably within the month. I've been told that this isn't the first Canadian Tesla delivered.

I'm in communications with a Canadian owner, whose Roadster is in Menlo Park going through the final production stages having its drivetrain installed. The expectation is that it will be delivered soon, probably within the month. I've been told that this isn't the first Canadian Tesla delivered.

I've had a Roadster on order for a month, but no word yet about progress or delivery. I was told before ordering that the lead time is about three months.

I've been told that this isn't the first Canadian Tesla delivered.

I liked the article Tesla had on the first Roadster delivered to Ireland; that's what made me wonder about Canada's. Do you know if the 1st Canadian Roadster is already delivered, or just will be before your contacts' car? Sometimes news releases take a while to be published, I suppose.

No one has info about the Toronto store yet, eh?

Tesla Roadster comes to Canada with a whisper, not a roar

The first Canadian owners, including ones from Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto, will get their cars within a few weeks.

This statement could be interpreted as an idication that there's something still holding up the sales of Teslas into Canada. I'm hoping that it's just a deliberately vague statement meaning that the first few Canadian Teslas will be delivered soon, but on a schedule that may need to be spread out due to owner's busy schedules.​

The Canadian owner I've been in touch with sent me an email saying that his Roadster was delivered today. He said that it was the first Canadian Tesla delivered.

Awesome! Big congrats to your friend...

Am I assuming correctly that he is based in Toronto? If so I'll have to keep a close eye out. :smile:

You Canadians sure are curious about cars. I was driving up to Whistler today, and when I got on Highway 1 east of Vancouver, discovered that it was moving at a crawl due to a couple of big accidents up ahead. As I was crawling along with the rest of the cars, I had three separate incidents where someone came up alongside me, rolled down their window, and proceeded to ask me about my Tesla. :biggrin:

Just ran into a glitch trying to get the home charger installed. The manual says it is CSA approved, but there is no CSA label on the unit itself.

My electrician says the inspector always looks for that, so they won't approve the installation.

Just ran into a glitch trying to get the home charger installed. The manual says it is CSA approved, but there is no CSA label on the unit itself.

My electrician says the inspector always looks for that, so they won't approve the installation.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully they'll get that figured out soon. Does this "just" mean you won't have access to faster charging since you'll be relying more on the mobile unit?

I'm sure there is a way to get the CSA certification if you're on your own on this.