Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toronto Long Term parking with EV charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm flying out from Toronto Pearson airport shortly for 18 days and their website doesn't show any park and ride or anything where the car can/will be fully charged when I pick it up. I'll need it fully charge to get home when I return and would like to drop it off, in valet mode, make my trip, return and have them fully charge it ready for pick up.

There are plenty of superchargers close to that airport. You can stop at a supercharger on your way there to make sure the car has a high enough charge to stay unplugged 18 days, and charge again when you leave.
I could but after a 10-12 hour trip/flight back the last thing I want to do is to have to sit at a supercharger before driving hours home. If there are no car parking facilities that can plug it in the day before I arrive back then I'll have to but that is not my preferred option.

I don't have the answer to your question, just checking various alternatives.
You could charge when coming in so you park the car at a high SOC? IF you turn off Sentry and everything else you're looking at a 1% SOC loss per day or so. Say you park at 90% and lose 20%, that leaves 70% "in the tank". Do you really need 100% to get home?

Reactions: Animal_UK
I don't need a full charge to get home. I was just hoping somebody knew of a park and ride at Toronto that did EV charging just prior to pick up. I know some other airports parking do this and if there isn't it just seems like a business opportunity being missed for some facilities.

Thanks

Reactions: GtiMart