Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Torn between Dashcams...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As long as you choose a reputable company you're going to be happy with the recordings you get. This happened a week ago, forgive my wife's reaction to what unfolded. This is a Lukas dashcam:
<snip>
That was an *amazing* example for dashcam telling a story. Your wife's driving was excellent and her verbal response was right on the money. Thanks for sharing. I feel like going to give my wife a big hug right now!

t. This happened a week ago, forgive my wife's reaction to what unfolded. This is a Lukas dashcam:

Talk about dodging a bullet! What great reaction from your wife!

Just doing a little analysis on that video -- WTF happened with the SUV driver? All they had to do was slow down and let that merging car in, which it looked like he/she was already doing. As far as I can tell, there's NO reason for them to have swerved so suddenly like that. There's nothing in front of them, and the silver car is still in the merging lane waiting to merge. Looks like the SUV panicked and swerved left, when they just could have slowed down and let them in. Hopefully the silver car is 0% at fault for this (that car is totaled!) -- the SUV is entirely responsible for this accident. Hope you gave the video to the insurance companies.

Talk about dodging a bullet! What great reaction from your wife!

Just doing a little analysis on that video -- WTF happened with the SUV driver? All they had to do was slow down and let that merging car in, which it looked like he/she was already doing. As far as I can tell, there's NO reason for them to have swerved so suddenly like that. There's nothing in front of them, and the silver car is still in the merging lane waiting to merge. Looks like the SUV panicked and swerved left, when they just could have slowed down and let them in. Hopefully the silver car is 0% at fault for this (that car is totaled!) -- the SUV is entirely responsible for this accident. Hope you gave the video to the insurance companies.
Think you are wrong on this one. The silver BMW merging is 100% at fault. The Lexus had the right of way and has the boulevard rule behind them. They my have over reacted but the over reaction would have never occurred had the BMW not merged into his lane. The BMW had to yield to the Lexus. The BMW did what many driver do. He signaled and then immediately started his merge. This is why video like this is so important and you see how fast things can go south.

The Lexus driver definitely overcorrected, but I don't think they are at fault in this instance. If you watch the video the BMW driver mergers even before the vehicle in front of him, and directly into the space the Lexus occupies. It is a little more difficult to tell from the video, but it also appears the BMW driver begins to merge before the dotted lines begin.

My guess is that the BMW was in a hurry to get past the person in front of him, and the Lexus was in his blindspot when/if he checked his mirrors.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200