Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toolbox 2 connection trouble

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do have a subscription, how to i get toolbox 2?
@Hamen the TB2 version that is available from Tesla indeed works, but it is lacking a ton of functions.

I managed to get the old TB2 version with every function available (the so called offline version), but I am not sure if it will work with latest FW. I have no problem getting another subscription but would hate if it turns out it was for nothing :)
I have the toolbox subscritpion and unable to connect directly via toolbox 3. if u walk me thru toolbox 2 i can confirm for u if it works. I'm on version 2022.8.10.16 (MS 2013)

I have the toolbox subscritpion and unable to connect directly via toolbox 3. if u walk me thru toolbox 2 i can confirm for u if it works.
You can find TB2 in the download section under Toolbox (to login you'll need an active subscription).

If I remember correctly, after installing TB2 you'll need to edit your network IP address manually to connect to TB2.

Btw. if you have trouble with TB3 not connecting, there a two things to do: 1. allow unsecure content in your browser (chrome is recommended) and 2. use a proxy (only if you are on MCU0/1). There should be a message at the top of the page with a link to the service manual if you have trouble to connect.

Last edited:
@Hamen the TB2 version that is available from Tesla indeed works, but it is lacking a ton of functions.

I managed to get the old TB2 version with every function available (the so called offline version)
I'm sorry I misunderstood your question. Yes I was talking about the official TB2. But you get me curios, what is missing in TB2? I have an older "hacked" TB2 and I didn't notice any difference. Or are these functions added by a third party?

so after loggin in, I don't see a download option for the toolbox 2. It's only Toolbox proxy which is used with the toolbox 3 via chrome to connect to Tegra MCU which fails connection. I've already done the chrome site allow security part.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-12 at 5.07.18 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-12 at 5.07.18 PM.png
    282.6 KB · Views: 114
Man, this was PIA!

I opted for 1h TB3 subscription. After 50minutes I managed to connect the car to the TB2.1, but no idea what the problems were. I had to click "a million times" in the TB3 then TB2, then vice versa...this was not a straightforward task...