Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toolbar icons behave differently when posting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Until recently, when posting a topic or reply, the toolbar icons at the top of the text field were enabled. Now the only one that’s enabled by default is the square bracket icon near the Preview link (see screenshot), and I just discovered that the bracket icon activates or deactivates the other icons. Why the change? Not at all intuitive, to me anyway.

I’m using iOS 17.2 on an iPad, in landscape mode.

IMG_1825.jpeg

Until recently, when posting a topic or reply, the toolbar icons at the top of the text field were enabled. Now the only one that’s enabled by default is the square bracket icon near the Preview link (see screenshot), and I just discovered that the bracket icon activates or deactivates the other icons. Why the change? Not at all intuitive, to me anyway.

I’m using iOS 17.2 on an iPad, in landscape mode.

View attachment 1020944
The bracket icons are for when you want to compose your message using pure BBcode instead of a rich/WYSIWYG editor.

I suppose the interface could be done a little better, unfortunately it was not my design ;)

The bracket icons are for when you want to compose your message using pure BBcode instead of a rich/WYSIWYG editor.

I suppose the interface could be done a little better, unfortunately it was not my design ;)
Thanks for the explanation. Since the change to BBcode as the default went away when I updated iOS, I guess it was a compatibility issue with the previous iOS version. It’s all good now. 🙂