Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took Delivery Saturday 6/28 in Texas - My Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

I have been reading all of your delivery posts and just wanted to give my experience since we picked our car up yesterday.

First, I am also a Model 3 owner. I took delivery of my LR 3 in December so I knew kind of what to expect and what the process would be like. I would like to point out however that here in Texas Tesla changed the process to get your license plates and pay your sales tax. When I bought my M3 December Tesla paid the state sales taxes and mailed my new plates to me. Now Tesla will mail you the registration forms after delivery for you to take to the DMV office where you will get your plates and pay your sales tax yourself. I anticipate my sales tax due will be somewhere around $2700.00 (the taxable amount is the price of your Tesla minus any trade in credit).

So onto our MY. We ordered a Midnight Silver / Black Int / Long Range / FSD / 20" Wheels on June 4th. VIN was assigned June 11th. Trade in value offer to us on our trade was close to blue book value so we accepted it. Delivery was scheduled for today 6/29, but we got a call that it was ready early for pickup yesterday 6/28.

Now onto the quality. When they called to say the car was ready for pickup Tesla said there was a small paint issue on the rear quarter panel that would need to be sent to a body shop to fix. They offered that we could wait another 1-2 weeks for them to fix the issue, or we could take delivery and bring the car back in a week for them to fix. We decided to go ahead and pick up the car and take it back later to be fixed. The paint problem is a white dot under the clear coat about 1/16" in size. We probably would not have even noticed it if they did not point it out.

When we got home I went through the checklist linked on one of the posts here. Everything else on the car looks and functions perfectly. Everything drives great as well. I do not see any other issues mentioned on some of the other posts. Build date on the door sticker says 6/20, and VIN # is 12xxx.

This is my wife's car, and mine is the model 3. My impression is the MY has a bigger, more usable interior than the model 3. I am 6'2" and the space even in the back seat is incredible. We traded a Toyota Highlander and the ride height and space is comparable. The driving dynamic is also great. It drives like a car. Although I still prefer the speed and handling of my LR M3 with Accelration boost over this MY. I'd say all-in-all anyone that buys a MY is going to be very, very happy.

Hope this information helps anyone else out there.

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading all of your delivery posts and just wanted to give my experience since we picked our car up yesterday.

First, I am also a Model 3 owner. I took delivery of my LR 3 in December so I knew kind of what to expect and what the process would be like. I would like to point out however that here in Texas Tesla changed the process to get your license plates and pay your sales tax. When I bought my M3 December Tesla paid the state sales taxes and mailed my new plates to me. Now Tesla will mail you the registration forms after delivery for you to take to the DMV office where you will get your plates and pay your sales tax yourself. I anticipate my sales tax due will be somewhere around $2700.00 (the taxable amount is the price of your Tesla minus any trade in credit).

So onto our MY. We ordered a Midnight Silver / Black Int / Long Range / FSD / 20" Wheels on June 4th. VIN was assigned June 11th. Trade in value offer to us on our trade was close to blue book value so we accepted it. Delivery was scheduled for today 6/29, but we got a call that it was ready early for pickup yesterday 6/28.

Now onto the quality. When they called to say the car was ready for pickup Tesla said there was a small paint issue on the rear quarter panel that would need to be sent to a body shop to fix. They offered that we could wait another 1-2 weeks for them to fix the issue, or we could take delivery and bring the car back in a week for them to fix. We decided to go ahead and pick up the car and take it back later to be fixed. The paint problem is a white dot under the clear coat about 1/16" in size. We probably would not have even noticed it if they did not point it out.

When we got home I went through the checklist linked on one of the posts here. Everything else on the car looks and functions perfectly. Everything drives great as well. I do not see any other issues mentioned on some of the other posts. Build date on the door sticker says 6/20, and VIN # is 12xxx.

This is my wife's car, and mine is the model 3. My impression is the MY has a bigger, more usable interior than the model 3. I am 6'2" and the space even in the back seat is incredible. We traded a Toyota Highlander and the ride height and space is comparable. The driving dynamic is also great. It drives like a car. Although I still prefer the speed and handling of my LR M3 with Accelration boost over this MY. I'd say all-in-all anyone that buys a MY is going to be very, very happy.

Hope this information helps anyone else out there.

Really jealous you took delivery just 17 days after ordering... I am in Denton and coming up on almost 5 months since I ordered. Glad to hear that delivery was smooth and no issues with the car. Gives me some hope that mine wont have too many imperfections. I ordered the MSM and 20's too.

Ordered my White on White Induction in April and got a surprise text on Saturday saying I have a pickup for this Tuesday in Dallas. Got all the paperwork stuff done and was told the car arrived Sunday! Can’t wait to get in my first Tesla!

That was fast! Congratulations. I have been a bit confused about availability/delivery in Austin. Based on the order form spreadsheet, another buyer received the same car that we ordered (Midnight Silver/Black Int/Long Range/Auto/ 20" Wheels) 4 months after us and have already received their car. I understand that different specs get built at different times but I can't quite figure out how two orders with the same specs are not sold by order date. Any thoughts on this?? Excited to get out Y whenever that may be!!