Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took delivery of my P85+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
- seating position. I am going NUTS trying to find a seating position I'm comfortable with. It just feels foreign to me. Didn't feel this way during test drives. I've probably tried 8 different combinations and am not settled in yet.

I'm about 3 weeks in and still haven't found a comfortable position. I'm a little on the tall side (6'2"), and just had to come to the conclusion that I can either have the steering wheel positioning I like, OR be able to see the top of the instrument cluster. I hate driving with a wheel that's tilted up and toward the window like a bus. If the seat went down another half inch this probably would all go away. Every once in awhile I press down on the control to see if the seat will go down just a little bit more. Of course it never does.

The seats are just not as comfortable and supportive of similar cars in the price range. We really need a sports seat option with side bolsters. I don't have any suggestions on how to make you more comfortable while driving, but you mentioned getting in/out of the car. Someone else came up with this idea, but I stole it and it's been working well: Create an "exit" driver profile that has the steering wheel in and up and the seat back. This makes it easier to get in/out.

They're not even as comfortable or supportive as seats in some economy cars, let alone in this price range. We have a Civic Si beater that has much nicer seats with decent bolstering and support. If you've ever had the pleasure, the CTS-V has a Recaro-designed seat option that feels like heaven. Great compromise between luxury and a little bit of bolstering. Maybe we'll get lucky and Tesla will pick a new seat partner.

I tried the exit profile thing. I didn't feel I needed it, but thought it might help to protect that corner on the pillar from damage. The problem in that case is the readjustment takes forever. It fixes the seat position, then after a few second delay it does the steering wheel. Why not both at once? Maybe I'm atypical, but I don't really linger in the car. I put it in park and then exit pretty much immediately, so the Exit profile delays make it less than useful for me.

I tried the exit profile thing. I didn't feel I needed it, but thought it might help to protect that corner on the pillar from damage. The problem in that case is the readjustment takes forever. It fixes the seat position, then after a few second delay it does the steering wheel. Why not both at once? Maybe I'm atypical, but I don't really linger in the car. I put it in park and then exit pretty much immediately, so the Exit profile delays make it less than useful for me.

Agree, it is slow and does one thing at a time. This could likely be fixed in software. The leather on the driver's seat in my car is also showing early signs of wear (May '13 delivery/6k miles.) Still, I love the car. If Tesla comes out with some new seat options and retrofit is possible I might go that route.