Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To P or not to P, that is the question...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla decision isn't all that much different than any other car.

Do do you get a Mercedes E-350, E-350 4Matic, E 550 or E-550 4Matic or an S 550 or S 550 4Matic? Could outline similar line-ups with other manufacturers as well.

We've always owned all wheel drive vehicles, haven't always lived in Florida and probably won't either. So the D was a must for us. The P was because he car is just awesome, unbelievably fast and unlike other cars the ongoing updates just keep making it better

I love having the ability to accomplish a pass quickly, especially on a two lane road. Ned to get out and around and back quickly and the P85D definitely does it. But you give up some range, so as really a commuter car and not a long distance trip car (right now) it can't be beat.

As Tesla continues to expand the supercharger network range anxiety gets eliminated, it just comes down to the slight inconvenience of time to recharge.

Finally, never in my life have I ever said, geez I have too much power; wish I had less. But the inverse, more than once (but not today)!!

I'd say it really just comes down to your money situation and whether you really like that sort of thing.

Even slow econo-EVs are pretty brisk off the launch and fun to launch in city traffic. When the Model 3 comes I'll probably control myself and just go with the best econo-version of the M3 (which will still be pretty incredible by normal car standards).