Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC Iceland Meetup 2020!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Eek, sorry to hear about the job :(

I've now heard back from about half of the places under consideration about charging. Only the one from Booking.com that I got an automated response to sent a reply back; I think that's the only one that went through, for some reason. Will send new requests to them again.

I figure that by tomorrow I should have enough charging info to make choices. :) But anyone who wants to offer feedback... there's a column in the spreadsheet for that! :)
No worries, it was a forced exit on my side. Since I finished two months ago I’ve done pretty well thanks to TSLA.

Reactions: KarenRei
Okay you guys, just in case you doubted how much I like you guys, I just told AirB&B to put $2k on my credit card to reserve four apartments / houses ;) I'll just need to make sure that they're all either filled or cancelled by the deadline (12 June), or I'll be stuck with the expense!

Once all the bookings get confirmed, I'll list them all here, and anyone who's using shared apartments / houses can pick the one that suits them best and claim a room. I think you'll like them! :) There's 15 total bedrooms. I rented the cheapest one for an extra day in either direction.

No, I found places to rent which have power sockets (which here are all 220V :) ). And yes, there's an open Supercharger station in Reykjavík now (only 2 stalls, 120kW, and nothing to do in the area... well... except the Tesla store ;) ). We also have 50kW DC chargers around town (remember that this is Europe; Teslas here are CCS :) )

All four places are confirmed!

upload_2020-2-4_21-48-17.png

For you shared-apartment/shared-home people, go ahead and claim your room! :) Links to each of the places (including tons of photos of each) are in the spreadsheet below:

Tesla Iceland Meetup - Shared Apartments

All four places are confirmed!

View attachment 507921

For you shared-apartment/shared-home people, go ahead and claim your room! :) Links to each of the places (including tons of photos of each) are in the spreadsheet below:

Tesla Iceland Meetup - Shared Apartments

Superb job Karen! Where are you located on that map, or are you completely out of town?

I've signed-up for the sea-view place, looks nicest and as an IR Sauna :)

On that map, where's the micro-brewery? :rolleyes:

I guess your net-worth went up dramatically the last few weeks, but can also imagine that it's not necessarily liquid. So if you'd like some money sent in advance, just let me know.

Superb job Karen! Where are you located on that map, or are you completely out of town?

I've signed-up for the sea-view place, looks nicest and as an IR Sauna :)

On that map, where's the micro-brewery? :rolleyes:

I guess your net-worth went up dramatically the last few weeks, but can also imagine that it's not necessarily liquid. So if you'd like some money sent in advance, just let me know.

The microbrewery is Bryggjan Brugghús - northwest side of town. I figure we'll all have dinner there our first night (on the 26th) :) Although people who arrive on the night before are welcome to head there in advance, or any of the bars in town! (most are along Laugavegur and the surrounding streets)

I rent a place on the northeast side of town. My land, where I'm building my house and where we'll do tree planting, is off the map to the north/northeast. :)

I put my name under the Lower Right apartment since it is booked for June 25-29. It seems the most distant. Page says it is just 15 min. max to go to the center of Reykjavik. Now to figure out airfare and whether I can combine this with a trip to Germany to see my daughter. Not sure about that as she is in medical school there and probably doesn't know where she will be yet.

I put my name under the Lower Right apartment since it is booked for June 25-29. It seems the most distant. Page says it is just 15 min. max to go to the center of Reykjavik. Now to figure out airfare and whether I can combine this with a trip to Germany to see my daughter. Not sure about that as she is in medical school there and probably doesn't know where she will be yet.

Yeah, if there's low traffic it's probably only about 15 minutes. During rush hour, maybe up to 25 minutes. Depends how much time you need to park in town. :) Reykjavík isn't a very big city.

Tesla is making preparations to start deliveries. Once all of this quarter's inventory has gone out, I'll start seeing how many I can get as rentals for the meetup :)