Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC Connect 2014 - Save the Date - July 18-20

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It just says Northern California. Do we have a location yet?

Based on the Laguna Seca track's location in Salinas, Northern California means North of L.A. I can't imagine that the location would be too far from the track. I'll admit though that when I think of Northern California Eureka or Redding come to mind.

Based on the Laguna Seca track's location in Salinas, Northern California means North of L.A. I can't imagine that the location would be too far from the track. I'll admit though that when I think of Northern California Eureka or Redding come to mind.

I think of Silicon Valley, although the drive out to Seca is a pretty nice one. I did not attend the last one. Is this a family friendly event? I have two kids 11 and 14.

Any chance Tesla could provide loaner cars to track at Laguna Seca for those of us who will be carless?
or for those that want to be careless :cool:
sorry that is what I saw at first

This weekend i am carless :crying: getting a new windshield in San Rafael. Even visited Santana row today to say hi to the S'

JPP -did you get a ticket last year?
|
|
V

Last edited:
Some memories from REFUEL 2013:

REFUEL 2013 - June 30th, 2013 - Page 3

A few notes:

- the EV parade laps were fun but were at speeds under 50 mph. No helmets required. It was cool to go down the corkscrew even if slowly.

- no need to register with the REFUEL folks if it's only to do the parade lap. But, need to register and pay if participating in the actual races themselves. Beware: the corkscrew - and maybe other corners - is punishing on the front diffuser if taking it at good speed in the races. Kipernicus and I camped at that corner for one of the two races and heard the front of many Model S scrape rather painfully everytime they came by.

- attending the briefing and debriefing sessions is fun even if you don't participate in the races themselves. Lots of good tips and the occasional griping about not being allowed to pass by.

- look out for the Scooty guy!! He may make a comeback this year.

- yes, Tesla did setup camp last year and installed popup Superchargers (as you can see in my pics in the thread above). They even had custom-modded company Model S participating.

- don't wear open-toed sandals if you want to get close to the start/finish line. I was quickly ushered off last year.

- it was pleasant last year but, can get pretty hot down there at that time of the year.

- bareyb, it's definitely very family friendly. Your kids will love looking at not just all the EVs but, all the other races too. Last year, there was a leg of the Lotus tour running the same day; there were some slick cars on display.

My wife had a suggestion for TMC Connect... Invite Franz Von Holzhausen as one of the plenary speakers to share the design philosophy, values and language of the Model S and X.

I heartily second that one! I met Franz at the Model X reveal event. He is really friendly, enthusiastic, and brilliant!

Just pre-registered myself today; my wife plans to come too! We could not make it last year due to a long-standing commitment, so we are so glad that the organizers got the date out there much earlier this year. Thanks!

Really looking forward to it. We will drive our Model S down from BC.

DOH! Our two universes collide again! We didn't make it to Teslive last year because it was during a club boating event we already committed to in the Salish Sea.
We had hoped the dates wouldn't coincide this year.

This is pure torture for a Tesla Enthusiast couple that includes a Laguna Seca PCA/SCCA racer, and a boater that has ambitions to become a competitive Predicted Log racer. 2015 will likely be even worse. That is a Predicted Log Race that goes from Olympia, WA to Juneau, AK that happens once every 5 years. (It is like a time-speed-distance rally on water without the assistance of modern electronics or a clock)

We are bummed out that we will miss Teslive/TMC connect again. Our thoughts will be with you though. We still might be able to work things out somehow for this year, since we now have Supercharger assistance all the way there. It is just much harder do extended boating in Fogust.

@Vger - I have a hope that we might be able to rendezvous in Ganges this summer. We are very sorry that we missed you last year. We had hoped to meet Maggie, but we had to bolt out of town early because winds were getting obnoxious and we had a to get out of the harbor while we could. We don't have our entire itinerary nailed down for this summer yet so there is still a possibility!

Cheers!