Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC Call to Action - Make Your Comments Re: EV Noisemakers - NOW (please)!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Without seeing the other comments here, my first thought was "Why target electric propulsion only?"

So, I ended up putting through a similar comment:
Modern cars have become very quiet at idle. Examine a high end luxury car, non hybrid, non EV and you will find that it is practically silent at low speeds. If low speed noisemakers are a good idea for quiet cars why not set a minimum noise level for all cars, not just hybrids and EVs?

Good point TEG, but why stop at cars....the arguments about injury from slow moving transportation should include:

• Bicycles
  • Powered Wheelchairs
  • Mobility scooters
  • Golf carts
  • Horses
  • Skateboards
  • Roller blades
  • Segways

While we're on the broader subject, I've seen people get tangled up in those extending dog leashes so maybe they should be banned or the dogs should also wear noise-makers to prevent them becoming a tripping hazard?

Good point TEG, but why stop at cars....the arguments about injury from slow moving transportation should include:

• Bicycles
  • Powered Wheelchairs
  • Mobility scooters
  • Golf carts
  • Horses
  • Skateboards
  • Roller blades
  • Segways

While we're on the broader subject, I've seen people get tangled up in those extending dog leashes so maybe they should be banned or the dogs should also wear noise-makers to prevent them becoming a tripping hazard?

Hmmm...

The moderator of the "Off Topic" board is talking about dog leashes in a thread about car noisemakers....

Carry on.

- - - Updated - - -

Be sure to include that in your comments to the NHTSA by posting here:

Regulations.gov

:wink:

I commented that, since the proposal is a proposal to REQUIRE noise pollution, it needs to be reviewed with a full Environmental Impact Statement under the National Environmental Policy Act, to ensure that it minimizes noise pollution.

If enough people make the same comment, this could be tied up for years.