Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noticed this after a highway run the other day. The tire seems to be holding air fine. Should I be worried? Awaiting Tesla service center's response. If in the event I have to get this tire replaced ASAP, any recommendations? I assume I should go with the stock Continental tire? Should I go with Tesla Service Center? I heard they charge like 500$

Sorta anxious since this is my first car and car repair so appreciate any thoughts/recommendations.
IMG20230601181733.jpg

I’d replace it today. Put the same tire back on so you don’t mix the tires. Driving on that one just isn’t worth the risk for you or a family member. As far as where you purchase, that’s up to you. Anyone that carries that tire should be OK, I’m sure Tesla will be one of the more expensive vendors.

It looks to me as if you ran over something, probably metal, that was folded up against the tire and forced inwards.

No one knows if this tire will fail, nor when. The fact if holds air doesn’t say much but it does make it handy to drive to a tire dealer. I don’t think I’d drive at highway speeds.

Check your paperwork. I doubt it’s covered under the tire warranty but it’s worth checking.

Just noticed this after a highway run the other day. The tire seems to be holding air fine. Should I be worried? Awaiting Tesla service center's response. If in the event I have to get this tire replaced ASAP, any recommendations? I assume I should go with the stock Continental tire? Should I go with Tesla Service Center? I heard they charge like 500$

Sorta anxious since this is my first car and car repair so appreciate any thoughts/recommendations.View attachment 943296
Replace that tire ASAP before something bad happens to you, your passengers, or some unsuspecting motorist on the road.

Reactions: zoomer0056

Sorta anxious since this is my first car and car repair so appreciate any thoughts/recommendations.View attachment 943296
That tire is safe, for sure. As long as you don’t exceed 12 mph.

Can‘t say enough good about Discount Tire Center. I’ve bought six, maybe seven sets of tires from them.

By the way, that red dot is supposed to be at the valve stem.
IMG_0816.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: jcanoe
That tire is safe, for sure. As long as you don’t exceed 12 mph.

Can‘t say enough good about Discount Tire Center. I’ve bought six, maybe seven sets of tires from them.

By the way, that red dot is supposed to be at the valve stem.
View attachment 943463
Doubt speed matters as much as "what occurs." Even a slow crawl can deform a tire... who knows what would cause even more damage to the tire.

I rolled into a curb when parking at less than 12 mph and the curb almost reached the wheel once I stopped.