Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thinking about joining legal action on recent massive price cut

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now the Model 3 is the only Tesla that can get 1,000 mph charging out of the V3 Supercharger. We all know what is going to happen when they refresh the S & X with a new battery that can take 1,000+ mph charging. I'm surprised they didn't hold V3 until they refreshed the S & X. The non free supercharging non 1,000 mph S and Xs are going to take a hit on the used market and piss off a bunch of owners and cause sales to drop off in anticipation of 1,000 mph batteries.

why did you buy a Tesla? The more people that own Tesla's ensures Tesla's future and the movement off of fosil based fuels.

If we can keep this up, it won't be long before those oil rich countries that love to influence our government will be having a whole different outlook and every model-3 owner can feel proud they contributed to that. Each time you look at your children, your nieces, your nephews you can take comfort that you took action to try to leave the world in a better place than the way we had received it.

Reminder: some of us didn’t buy the car to save the world, and some of us don’t like children. I bought the car for autopilot and would have done so if it ran on diesel and got extra performance every time you drive by a children’s hospital because it stole power from the souls of sick kids.

I’m not really fussed by the price drops overall but man am I sick of the “end justifies the means” thinking being pushed down our throats by the true believer / “think of the childdddddrrennn” types.

Last edited:
All of this happens at the dealer level for almost all other car companies. The next years model comes out with different and better options and no one bats an eye. That's progress. I have a Model S 75D built weeks before the upgrade to AP 2.5...had I known I would have waited but this could go on and on...is there anybody out there that doesn't want to see Tesla get better of time? Sure, ICE car manufactures...Relax; enjoy your car.

Reactions: dhrivnak
All of this is total BS. Lawsuits based on the fact that a price drop occurred is completely absurd. Maybe there should be a law preventing lawsuits from being filed because a company improved their cost of producing a product due to scale and actually lowered the price instead of making more money off of new customers.

Reactions: dhrivnak
I love my Model X, but I regret buying the car in November. I thought I was being savvy and buying before losing the tax credit.
The same car is now 15K less than what I paid.
Factoring in the tax credit, I'm still losing by 12K.
What other company cuts the value of their merchandise so severely?
I'm not going to join any lawsuit, but I'm pretty PO'ed and likely will not buy another Tesla.

I love my Model X, but I regret buying the car in November. I thought I was being savvy and buying before losing the tax credit.
I'm not going to join any lawsuit, but I'm pretty PO'ed and likely will not buy another Tesla.
They sold the car to you at the price they did to keep the company alive. To achieve the trans-formative dream of changing the auto industry forever for the better by letting someone else buy an affordable electric car. I ALSO purchased the Model 3, ALL OPTIONS, PERFORMANCE, and waited 3 YEARS for delivery. And I am not one bit upset. *sugar* happens. And if somebody else can get the car cheaper: GOOD ON THEM!

Reactions: DR61 and dfwatt
Frustrating as it is...price drops apply are quite the common practice. But if you consider the end of unlimited supercharging, decrease in fed tax rebate, and the referrals perks it somewhat balances out. Although it may not feel like it since it's things we tend to neglect and the wallet feels it more.

I took a chance and bought a Model 3 last September and still very glad I did. I want Tesla to succeed (not just EV cars). I want this brand to be around for decades so I can continue to buy superior products. I look at my purchase as supporting best-in-class innovation. Superior design and the ability to deliver should win. This is the free market. I am not going to sue Samsung when when a 75 inch television is 20% cheaper in 6 months. If this is the cost to innovate then so be it. There is no way every major European brand would have a lineup of EVs by 2020 without Tesla. We have shown the need for new thinking, infrastructure and innovation by supporting a quality product.

• Love
Reactions: dhrivnak and dfwatt

I feel the same way as you. Have an X and 3 and have learned that buying Tesla's is not for the faint of heart. Have had multiple drive unit failures on my Model 3 and service issues but loved the cars. I understand prices drop as cars become cheaper to prodice and you can't sue Tesla for that. That being said I will probably shop around for other brands too when I get my next car, I don't feel as enthusiastic about the company as I did before the FSD/EAP fiasco and 3 steep prices cuts to the 3 in under 6 months. It's a shame that many die hard Tesla fans are losing that enthusiast vibe.

Reactions: C141medic
I feel the same way as you. Have an X and 3 and have learned that buying Tesla's is not for the faint of heart. Have had multiple drive unit failures on my Model 3 and service issues but loved the cars. I understand prices drop as cars become cheaper to prodice and you can't sue Tesla for that. That being said I will probably shop around for other brands too when I get my next car, I don't feel as enthusiastic about the company as I did before the FSD/EAP fiasco and 3 steep prices cuts to the 3 in under 6 months. It's a shame that many die hard Tesla fans are losing that enthusiast vibe.

You’ve had multiple drive unit failures on a 3 already?

You’ve had multiple drive unit failures on a 3 already?

Sadly yes, wish it wasn't the case. First happened when car was new and under 500 miles and got error messages saying cannot maintain vehicle power and to pull over safely. They fixed it within 2 days with a new drive unit and all was well for the next 8000 miles. On Thanksgiving day I was visiting family up north and it pulled error messages after supercharging and needed to be towed. They had the car for 24 days and tried to analyze what was going on. They replaced the drive unit but error came back and they replaced it again and checked all wiring and so far car has been good. I'm in CA and they said buy back talks dont happen until car is in service for 30 days. So far so good but between my 3 and X they have been the least reliable cars I've ever owned by a landslide. But no other car had the instant torque fun factor or autopilot like a Tesla. Looking forward to a Taycan in a few years though.

Right now the Model 3 is the only Tesla that can get 1,000 mph charging out of the V3 Supercharger. We all know what is going to happen when they refresh the S & X with a new battery that can take 1,000+ mph charging. I'm surprised they didn't hold V3 until they refreshed the S & X. The non free supercharging non 1,000 mph S and Xs are going to take a hit on the used market and piss off a bunch of owners and cause sales to drop off in anticipation of 1,000 mph batteries.

Well technically V3 Supercharging isn't available yet, so they could still release an S&X that supported full V3 charging speeds before V3 Supercharging really matters. (And of course we are assuming that they haven't already updated the internals to support it in what is shipping now.)

my car is less than $2500 cheaper now when you include the smaller tax credit.

get over it
Would it not be better to write to the Representatives and Senators in Washington D.C. and help promote Battery Electric Vehicles and Clean Air and Water ? Also, we the people need to support the tax credits and level the playing field to push back against those that do not want a better planet for those that will live in in the years beyond 2035.

You should expect to pay more if you are the early adopter when some new technology comes out. It's not really any different than a TV. I spent 2500 on a 42" plasma years ago and just recently bought a 75" with much better technology for half the price.

Dont we want electric cars to become cheaper in a movement towards sustainable transport.

• Disagree
Reactions: C141medic
Though this thread originated over a week ago, I will comment, just the same........

I don’t blame those that paid top dollar for these upgrades, for feeling “slighted”, “taken”, “dissed”, etc. The progenitor of this thread is angry, disappointed and feeling cheated. This is a natural reaction. I would be miffed, as well. The issue is: do I have a compensible situation where I come out ahead, not to mention a class action attendance? Answer: NO

It is the way of commerce. It is the way of capitalism.

Reactions: JanG007
Not quite, BUT it is first on this list:

screenshot_2019-03-09-most-disagreed-posts-tesla-motors-club-png.384704

Wow, I've been on these forums for a while and never noticed that "BEST POSTS" section. and I discovered that I top the funny category :D

• Funny
Reactions: C141medic and EinSV
You should expect to pay more if you are the early adopter when some new technology comes out. It's not really any different than a TV. I spent 2500 on a 42" plasma years ago and just recently bought a 75" with much better technology for half the price.

Dont we want electric cars to become cheaper in a movement towards sustainable transport.

No No No! I don’t care what side of the debate you are on, Teslas are cars! Not tech. It’s not a TV! It’s not a cell phone! It’s not a computer! Again, quarterly results and market share are measured against BMW, Audi, etc. Not Apple and Samsung.

Status
Not open for further replies.