Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things that are there in model 3 but not model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you mean to say that the Model 3 is 100% reliant on the camera based rain sense wipers?

Not sure your question.

Model S, X and 3 all are the same.

Supposedly early Model S/X had rain sensors and Tesla removed them in favor of camera neural net based implementation.

But you can use fixed speed on all of them that does not use the camera or use a fixed delay.

The “auto” relies only on Camera/Neural Net on all new Tesla’s.

Only thing different is you have a physical control on S/X, which is a plus.

does not work for me I park my car trunk in first so may be that is the issue but I press the middle and the lights blink and than when I hold the trunk button nothing happens. I tried pushing and holding the front button and it opened the charge port. Also do you have to be in reverse to park the car in the parking spot? like when I am going through the parking lot and I see a spot I would like to park in. I don't see any options unless I pass that spot and put it in reverse than the sensors come on and I can choose to backing the spot? is backing into a spot the only way and does the same apply to the parallel parking? My wife's car we press the button to park and then we go past a parking spot the car will fit in and it asks us to stop and put it in reverse etc

A few things:

1. You press and hold the back (trunk) of the key fob to open the charge port. If where you are pressing is opening the port, see if you are holding the fob backwards (meaning in your summon test, you may have been trying to move the car forward). I for one am more comfortable summoning the car from the app. To get the homelink function (garage door) working, you need to enable it in the summon settings.

2. I believe parking support on the S and 3 is the same in terms of how it functions. I haven't tried it yet with my 2019 to confirm but I did use it a lot with my 2015 in the short time I owned that car and I recall just having to press the 'P' button on the center display to initiate the process. I did not have to put the car in reverse first.

It doesn’t.

You can open it from the app, but not without taking the phone out of pocket, like with the Model 3. You can do it with the key fob though.

Coat hooks, lighted mirrors, dual phone charger. Most importantly, faster charging.
My recent S has illuminated vanity mirrors which came as a surprise. Not that I use them!

I took the original comment "Physical Wiper Control" to mean that the Model 3 doesn't even have a stalk to control it.

Correct it does not. Accept you can do a single swipe or wash by the button on the end of the blinker. The rest of the control is on the screen. One plus on the Model 3 is that when you do the single swipe it automatically brings up the wiper UI on the screen. The Model S/X has a more conventional separate stalk for full control of the wipers and nothing on the screen.