Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The reveal part 3 was a big disapointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Serious, I think Model 3 price is fair. I hope people don't expect Tesla to offer a higher mileage car, same options and price it half of a Model S

The whole point of Model 3 is you're able to get a 220 mile range car for 35k, and Tesla delivered. Even with very well equipped M3, it costs around $5500 (44000 car, 1000 paint, 5000 upgrade, 5000 AP), after 10000 tax incentives, it's $45000. Tesla did a good job on pricing.

• Disagree
Reactions: Big-T and robby
Serious, I think Model 3 price is fair. I hope people don't expect Tesla to offer a higher mileage car, same options and price it half of a Model S

The whole point of Model 3 is you're able to get a 220 mile range car for 35k, and Tesla delivered. Even with very well equipped M3, it costs around $5500 (44000 car, 1000 paint, 5000 upgrade, 5000 AP), after 10000 tax incentives, it's $45000. Tesla did a good job on pricing.

Who suggested same options? I said a 35k car without power seats is crazy, and I'd like to be able to get a glass roof without a bunch of other stuff I don't want for 5k.

I don't even use power seats that much, I'd just be interested to know if you could find another 35k car that didn't have them.

Reactions: Big-T
Who suggested same options? I said a 35k car without power seats is crazy, and I'd like to be able to get a glass roof without a bunch of other stuff I don't want for 5k.

I don't even use power seats that much, I'd just be interested to know if you could find another 35k car that didn't have them.

Does the Volt count? The 2012 was 40k base and power seats not available.

GM insisted that power seats are very heavy. Perhaps they are not standard on Model 3 to tweak the range?