Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Resource Angle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: BigDawgz

According to Sloustcher, the company’s goal is to begin supplying General Motors with rare-earth alloy later this year, and to produce finished magnets by 2025. At full capacity, MP Materials expects the magnetics factory to produce 1,000 tons of rare-earth magnets a year, supporting the production of roughly half a million EV motors.

Lake Resources taking a major hit on bad news

Highlighting yet again that doing deep due diligence on companies before investing is a good idea. And, especially in this space that has so much competition, building a basket makes sense too.

Reactions: JRP3
No one new that hasn't been previously discussed here, I'm not really following the space as closely as I used to other than tracking my current holdings. Azure just popped up on the Yahoo gainers today and caught my eye but I'm not investing in it.

Lithium, Tantalum, and Cesium (Written by a shareholder)
The Rare Metal Keeping Xi and Biden Up At Night

By volume the biggest user of cesium is the petroleum industry dwarfing the volumes used in electronics
45 Cesium Uses in Different Industries (Need To Know Facts!) -

I would guess what the article is talking about is the use of cesium in high precision oscillators for electronics. As speeds go up, the need for high precision oscillators does too, though fiber optic data rates have been above the best speeds 5G could do for some time.

If cesium becomes a strategic resource there is quite a bit of it in petroleum drilling fluids pumped into old wells in Oklahoma. Recycling the fluids for cesium and other materials might become profitable some day.

• Informative
Reactions: JRP3
Neo Magnequench, a division of Neo Performance Materials Inc. (“Neo” or the “Company”) (TSX: NEO), recently broke ground on construction of the first rare earth magnet manufacturing facility in Europe designed to produce specialized rare earth permanent magnets for use in electric vehicles, wind turbines, and other clean energy technologies.

PLL has been pretty stagnant for the last couple of years, after it was revealed that they forgot to get permits to operate their Lithium mining operation. I think that has been fixed now, I don't have any recent information. 5y chart:
1688865040693.png

They what now?
This article (from nearly 2 years ago) is about them applying for the permit to mine in North Carolina, and around the same time they and Tesla announced a delay. But they announced their initial contract with Tesla nearly a year before. I was already an investor at the time, so I heard about the fact that they had failed to apply for the permit, but my duck-duck-go-fu fails to find an article about that now.