Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Perfect Tesla Raffle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you planning to buy up the remaining ones? :)
Sometimes knowing a limited quantity of something is nearing unavailability pushes people to buy.

An example? When there were few sigs left, they vanished quickly and a waiting list was formed.

As for your question, I have no idea how many are left and I can't afford 2000. So I can't give you a good answer.

- - - Updated - - -

No. Covered earlier if you want the details.
Posts 73 and 142 were open-ended. I have trouble reading either of them as "No". Were you referring to another post? If so, which one. Thanks.

Sometimes knowing a limited quantity of something is nearing unavailability pushes people to buy.

An example? When there were few sigs left, they vanished quickly and a waiting list was formed.

As for your question, I have no idea how many are left and I can't afford 2000. So I can't give you a good answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Posts 73 and 142 were open-ended. I have trouble reading either of them as "No". Were you referring to another post? If so, which one. Thanks.

I suppose I meant, not currently displayed. I knew he had the option of posting the number as the days wore down.

Who, me?!

Nah, @brucet999, it's illegal in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for me to win the raffle. Maybe even to buy tickets for myself. Also my immediate family: wife, three kids, cat, chihuahuas, parents, brother. Same applies to CXC board members and their immediate families.

I confess that (with the notable exception of the cash raffle component!), my goal was to build something I would personally want to win. Except for the electric outdoor care kit. It's a fine assemblage of tools, but I hate mowing the lawn and want nothing to do with that. If I won that prize -- if it were a different raffle, that I could win! -- I'd take the cash alternative. Now, the indoor robots... those are definitely my speed! :)

Umm... sorry... didn't appreciate @brucet999 was aiming at @brianman, not at me...

Are you planning to buy up the remaining ones? :)

- - - Updated - - -

Text updated in "Alternate Cash Prizes & Raffle" section and, of course, everyone's favorite, Legal Details / Legal Details Required by Massachusetts Attorney General Regulations 940 CMR 12.00 / section (1) paragraph (d).

Umm... our web designer got a wee bit over-aggressive on striking out 1(d), so the currently struck-out text of (d) itself will return (it's a mandated disclosure), plus the first paragraph re minimum number of tickets to be sold is 1, plus the last paragraph about no refunds planned unless entire raffle is cancelled.

But really the point is that...

Huh?

Cash raffle?

What are you talking about?

There's no cash raffle.

Sheesh.

Alan

Last edited:
Who, me?!

Nah, @brucet999, it's illegal in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for me to win the raffle. Maybe even to buy tickets for myself. Also my immediate family: wife, three kids, cat, chihuahuas, parents, brother. Same applies to CXC board members and their immediate families.

I confess that (with the notable exception of the cash raffle component!), my goal was to build something I would personally want to win. Except for the electric outdoor care kit. It's a fine assemblage of tools, but I hate mowing the lawn and want nothing to do with that. If I won that prize -- if it were a different raffle, that I could win! -- I'd take the cash alternative. Now, the indoor robots... those are definitely my speed! :)

Alan

I'm allergic to the juices in grass, so I can't cut it. Though an electric lawn mower would make the house quieter when our lawn guy was here. However there is only one of the prizes I really want! :biggrin:

Ticket sales, ticket sales... I never know what to say. What will be most motivational? :)

We have sold many, many hundreds of tickets at this point. We have NOT sold as many as I had hoped by now! I'd like to sell all 2000 tickets by Dec 31, and that's looking hard at this point. Good news for ticket holders, not quite as good for Climate XChange. :)

I've gone ahead and with some key help killed off the cash raffle so that I no longer have to talk about whether things are different if we sell fewer than 867 tickets. As of a couple of days ago, ONLY the Tesla and the other 5 special prizes will be awarded. There's a subtle distinction here: an individual winner can, at his/her option, CHOOSE to take cash instead of a prize. But what we are NOT doing is the so-called "50/50 cash raffle", where the ONLY prizes awarded are cash. We had that provision in there to deal with corner cases. But I saw so much confusion around this point that I've eliminated it. So, now, no matter how many tickets we sell, no matter how few, the Tesla will be awarded to somebody! Plus HPWC, electrician, state taxes, US taxes, the whole shebang. And then there are the 5 additional prizes, each of which may deserve a raffle of its own. :)

Also, there is now a video on the website. Please ignore the fat, ugly man waving a posterboard ticket and over-emoting. Concentrate instead on the beautiful lady, the surroundings and the captions; by so doing, you increase the likelihood that you will hang on to the last meal you ate.

Alan

P.S. Of course, the correct answer to your question about increasing your odds is that you should buy MANY more tickets FREQUENTLY, perhaps starting a contest in your local area to see who can buy the most! :) :) :)

P.P.S. Thanks for the bump!

How are the ticket sales looking at the moment? Wondering if I need to up my odds and buy some more? Thanks! And oh, bump!

I bought one yesterday. Saw it on MNL forum, as I'm on my second LEAF in 4 years, I don't check in here much. Waiting for the 3, but will gladly take an S. Could never swing a new one normally. From reports in that thread, ticket numbers are sequential and are still low. Good for buyer's odds, but not so good for CXC. Alan, you need more PR, insideevs, and all those other sites. I posted it to FB, but if you want to get to 2000, you need more exposure, I only discovered it when "Urs" started a thread. Thanks, Urs. Carbon pricing is what this planet needs. Makes no sense to talk about emissions controls when carbon fuels are cheap. It's economics that drive behavior.

Hi, @DNAinaGoodWay,

Thanks for buying a ticket!

What is the MNL forum?

Will follow up on InsideEVs. I've been working with some other media, including our very own teslamotorsclub.com (thanks, Daniel & Doug!). And who/what is "Urs", and where his/her thread?

My own incompetence at raffling aside :-(, some good news: my wife, Jessica, has been attending the UN climate conference as an observer, and has been reporting some of her experiences at cleantechnica.com and elsewhere. Carbon pricing is having an impact there, especially due to the efforts of Citizens Climate Lobby. (Jessica is co-founder & President of Climate XChange as well as a member of CCL.) Reports/econometric models funded by Climate XChange have rippled into reports for other states and a national report, and in turn someone from CCL plus the economist from REMI who did the original work took the national report into the World Bank. The World Bank has traditionally favored cap-and-trade but is now also supporting carbon pricing, and helped create a carbon leadership forum announced during the UN conference. The forum includes Angela Merkel, Justin Trudeau, other state leaders, Shell, BP and other companies.

I think we are a LONG, LONG way from even having as "simple" a solution as carbon pricing enacted, much less turning around a century+ carbon pollution trend. But I am particularly encouraged that actions taken by ordinary people -- Jessica is a housewife and home-schools our youngest boy -- can be useful and worthwhile.

One of the reasons I got involved in this raffle thing was because I want to create a funding stream for Climate XChange that is NOT dependent on foundation grants and traditional environmental groups. I have watched from the sidelines and been very disappointed to see how seemingly simple ideas -- carbon pricing! -- are watered down, shouted down, subsumed by other groups' agendas. And yet those other groups showed little or no signs of progress on this issue.

Thanks again for your support!

Alan

I bought one yesterday. Saw it on MNL forum, as I'm on my second LEAF in 4 years, I don't check in here much. Waiting for the 3, but will gladly take an S. Could never swing a new one normally. From reports in that thread, ticket numbers are sequential and are still low. Good for buyer's odds, but not so good for CXC. Alan, you need more PR, insideevs, and all those other sites. I posted it to FB, but if you want to get to 2000, you need more exposure, I only discovered it when "Urs" started a thread. Thanks, Urs. Carbon pricing is what this planet needs. Makes no sense to talk about emissions controls when carbon fuels are cheap. It's economics that drive behavior.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you!

I have posted to Facebook, and will buy another ticket today!

- - - Updated - - -

And thank you, @brucet999!

OK, I'm in!

Blue Max wants company in the garage.

- - - Updated - - -

You are very kind!

I really don't want anyone to bankrupt themselves over this, though. I appreciate any and all levels of support, including supportive words!
If I had more cash to throw at you, I'd buy more tickets to increase my chances. If I had more cash to throw though, I'd already have a MS though :smile: