Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The D thread Australia & New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't started looking for insurance yet.

Speaking of which, does the insurance policy holder need to be the same person to whom the vehicle is registered? I'm thinking my wife will probably be able to get a better quote.

I see no impediment to an insured being a non-registered owner and know that others can be noted on the certificate, but all that is up to each particular insurer including any bonuses from other policies....

If you haven't chosen the hire car option, there are companies that arrange for hire cars for you if you are not the driver at fault and then they sue the other driver to recover their money but that said, I will ask for hire car option given that Tesla parts come from the US and are not local. The transit time can drive you nuts if your not in a set of wheels.

I just booked a test drive of a P85D before my factory tour. Hopefully it won't spoil my enjoyment of my 85D when it turns up.

I'm sure it won't.

Objectively there is not much difference.

And subjectively you will be glad you went with the 85D, because, you know, sour grapes. Can't help it, we're made that way.

But it will make you extremely anxious to possess your own.

p.s. Have a wonderful trip. I would absolutely love to do what you are about to do. Hope you have the best time! Tell us all about it and blog often. Be waiting here on the D thread.

You know, looking through the Tesla motors web site, I am seeing lots of tech issues with D similar to the early days of the S. It may not be a bad thing this delay you guys are experiencing. You will hopefully be getting a more technically refined car after they have worked out the kinks in the USA.

You know, looking through the Tesla motors web site, I am seeing lots of tech issues with D similar to the early days of the S. It may not be a bad thing this delay you guys are experiencing. You will hopefully be getting a more technically refined car after they have worked out the kinks in the USA.

I think that has to be right Dborn (even if I am the beneficiary of that self serving observation).

You would have to think that a production line is continually tweaking their system to make improvements... The more complex, the more tweaks.... Just not worth reporting.... Which is a really good reason why I should trade in the Tesla for a Camry actually!

I'm actually quite liking the D in all black. Including all the chrome parts blacked out.

If you want the chrome blacked out, check out a product I used on my Merc... PlastiDip (on eBay. 2 x $20 spray cans was enough to do all 4 wheels, plus all the logos on the rear.
Not difficult to do, once you get the hang of 'peeling' excess rubber overspray. (Yes, I said rubber!)
IMG_6352.JPG

had P85D since last week of March, so call it 2 months now, no issues whatsoever and now over 2500 miles on it.

This is one of T Sportsline's cars. They are selling a few and have some great images of modified & aftermarket Tesla's on the website

Tesla Model S for sale customized by T Sportline

Those cars are really radical! Quite impressive what they have done to them.

Personally I would prefer to drive a car that looks a little more conservative but I still think that they have made a great contribution to aftermarket options!

Just out of curiosity I went to Shannon's website and chose Tesla and it asked how much do you want to insure the car for... and then whatever number I put in, it complained that it was above 50,000! Go figure!
With Shannons, it's best to ring for higher end cars.

- - - Updated - - -

I got my final invoice today. Any other D order holders get their invoice?