Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

That's a wrap Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw the guys from @wrapmytesla work on tricking out the new Model Y. There is going to be a LOT of super cool features in this car. Air suspension (not how low the car is to the floor?) 22" rims! A completely reupholstered interior down to the visors! and much much more. I am sure you will see it on the road in Southern FL soon!

Attachments

• AE5DCC27-01AF-41E3-8EC4-293284534123.JPG
    AE5DCC27-01AF-41E3-8EC4-293284534123.JPG
    401.8 KB · Views: 167
it's legal in FL, however if you want to tint them the Front Side windows: Must allow more than 28% of light in. Back Side windows: Must allow more than 15% of light in. Rear Window: Must allow more than 15% of light in.

they will make them darker, even the front window (!) but you will have to sign a waiver...

it's legal in FL, however if you want to tint them the Front Side windows: Must allow more than 28% of light in. Back Side windows: Must allow more than 15% of light in. Rear Window: Must allow more than 15% of light in.

they will make them darker, even the front window (!) but you will have to sign a waiver...
Interesting, that is very dark for front side windows. Are you allowed to tint the windshield at all?

You need the tint here in FL. The sun is so hot in the summer, the AC takes time to cool off the interior and you can feel the sun baking your face. I typically like the rear side windows to match the front side windows (think SUV and trucks that come from the factory tinted). The matching tint I believe is like 20-22% which is a bit darker than legal, but not enough to draw attention.

Usually the installer will only take cash and no record, but no one really messes with you. LEO can harass you if you are being a jerk. Just put the windows down when pulled over. There are some guys that do go darker and I am sure they get in trouble (they have meters to test).

The interior of the vehicle can make it look darker in some instances as well as in how much light comes through the windshield. You can see people in them if not way beyond the legal limit.

Window tinting seems very illegal to me. Not being able to see the driver is a serious safety issue as you can't tell if they see you or not (in particular for pedestrians).

As a motorcycle rider for 30+ years, never and I mean never trust that a person will stop just because you can see the person driving and it looks like they see you. I've had countless people pull out in front of me when it looks like we made eye contact, always go by what the car is doing.

Reactions: frankvb