Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

That Little Water Pump

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reading some of this history is quite intriguing! Honestly, quite surprised at the things Martin E. wasn't aware of or just didn't remember? After leaving Tesla his disassociation with the product from a knowledge perspective has me puzzled. If you listen you some of his speeches while still with Tesla, his enthusiasm, passion, leadership, and knowledge is contagious, and sounds to be on top of everything involved in getting the product into production. I know he was pushed out before the final product was shipped, so yes, allot of things can change during a major NPI in a year.

Anyway, my point in resurrecting this is .........the general consensus I have gleaned about the water pump operation is that it does still run the majority of the time? Were there other changes to decrease the power consumption of the recirc pump? Mine seems to run almost all of the time?

Great to have this historical reference on this awesome forum, and interesting to see allot of participants today that were equally present 9-10 years ago. Kudos!

By the way, yes the original blogs are still available on the wayback machine website, I found this below which is pertainent to this thread (see Oct 12 2008 blog).

Wayback Machine

Mine runs when the car is on, charging or charged in range mode (and I think also if the battery is hot), but ordinarily when the car is sitting in the garage (plugged in or unplugged), it's not running. I notice that as soon as I unlock the car, or open a door or the trunk that it immediately comes on.

Reactions: dhrivnak
Mine runs when the car is on, charging or charged in range mode (and I think also if the battery is hot), but ordinarily when the car is sitting in the garage (plugged in or unplugged), it's not running. I notice that as soon as I unlock the car, or open a door or the trunk that it immediately comes on.

Exactly the same pump behavior for my 2.0.

Reactions: dhrivnak