Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thank goodness for TIRE INSURANCE - Blew out my 21's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hit a POTHOLE last night around 1am on I-80 West. Blew out my Front and Rear Driver Side Tires. Had to call AAA because the Tesla's Roadside Assistance did not answer my call after waiting for the prompt for 20 minutes. The announcement was - "Due to high call volume please wait if you want a call back without losing your CUE please leave your number". After 20 minutes I finally got a call back it was from TECH SUPPORT. Not sure why they called me back. By that time the AAA Tow Truck arrived. When Tech Support transferred me to RA the Tesla guy said it will take up to 90 Minutes to get me a tow. I said forget it. I think Tesla needs to invest a little more money into their Roadside Assistance Dept.

Called the White Plains SC and they picked up the car to replace the tires. I am so glad I bought the Tire Insurance before it was discontinued. They had trouble finding my Michelin Tires but were able to locate two of them. I don't think Tesla is using Michelin's anymore because they have been on backorder for over a month. Prior to locating the tires they wanted me to go with Continental but I really didn't want too. Almost had to buy 2 new Cont's to match but luckily they found the Mich's.

As I was waiting for the tow truck 2 local cops pulled up and wanted to know about the MS. I walked them through the whole car and they were amazed.

I hated to see my baby on the flatbed. :-(

I got the plan before they pulled it as well. Glad to see they are honoring it for ya. Hopefully I won't need to use it but I do like to know I might get my money's worth at some point. :)

Rims okay?

Sorry to hear it.

Is there only a Queens and White Plains SC? Nothing in NJ yet?

The Springfield, NJ location is not officially open yet. They don't have the equipment to mount tires yet.
The tire insurance is AWESOME. Tesla took care of everything - Both Tires, Rims, TPMS and Balance. The picked up the car and delivered it back and there was NO PAYMENT DUE.