Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Text message reading volume

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the life of me I cannot figure this out. I don't get text messages very often in the car that I "need" to respond to while driving. However, I occasionally do, and the text-to-speech volume of the text message is quite loud. How do I lower this volume? When I use the left scroll wheel to lower (while message is being read) it only lowers the media volume.

Are you using the Tesla integration for reading text messages, or something on your phone that you’re streaming via Bluetooth? The left scroll wheel should adjust the volume of whatever you’re listening to, but I don’t think I’ve ever needed to adjust the volume of a text message so I haven’t tried.

Upvote 0
Are you using the Tesla integration for reading text messages, or something on your phone that you’re streaming via Bluetooth? The left scroll wheel should adjust the volume of whatever you’re listening to, but I don’t think I’ve ever needed to adjust the volume of a text message so I haven’t tried.
I'm using the Tesla integration. I find the volume to be way too loud.

Upvote 0