Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, tried the IP and also tried using the raspberrypi.local address and got the same.

I’ll see if I can find the logs, couldn’t see any similar issues listed, I do wonder though if the Pi 0 is up to the job, think it’s supposed to be 3+ as a minimum
I'm in the same boat

0 w and not able to log on, the IP address for the docker seems to be 172.*.*.* So maybe that's causing it?

Again RTFM because if you are doing it right, you should see the logs right on your screen.

Assuming you know what RTFM means, there’s no need to be a bellend when someone’s looking for help.

There’s nothing on screen in the SSH session.

I followed the docker install guide to the letter, no issues encountered doing it, nothing displayed when trying to connect, I’ll try again tonight when I get time.

Looks like @davidmc is in the same boat too, there was nothing displayed in the terminal session when trying to connect. Starting to wonder if the lite OS and the 0 are the issue here.

If there is nothing in the SSH session after running "docker-compose", it's not running and hence you won't be able to connect.

I'd refer to RTFM because there is a very good manual and very good resources available on the GitHub pages to debug your problem.

If there is nothing in the SSH session after running "docker-compose", it's not running and hence you won't be able to connect.

I'd refer to RTFM because there is a very good manual and very good resources available on the GitHub pages to debug your problem.

It shows the jobs have started, I’ll paste it in a little later when I get back to the computer

Reactions: Roy W.
I decided to order another Pi 4 for this yesterday (current Pi4 running Homebridge), hopefully turning up tomorrow.

I'll be documenting the process of how to do an SSH only setup for it.

@Roy W. - Any idea what temp your Pi runs at in that case? I got one today for my other Pi, Homebridge reports the temp as 41c at the moment, it used to run at around 36c with a very noisy fan case.

I decided to order another Pi 4 for this yesterday (current Pi4 running Homebridge), hopefully turning up tomorrow.

I'll be documenting the process of how to do an SSH only setup for it.

@Roy W. - Any idea what temp your Pi runs at in that case? I got one today for my other Pi, Homebridge reports the temp as 41c at the moment, it used to run at around 36c with a very noisy fan case.
Is there a CLI command I can do using SSH to get the Pi’s temperature?

My trusty infra-red thermometer says the top surface of the case is at 41.6 c.

Is there a CLI command I can do using SSH to get the Pi’s temperature?

My trusty infra-red thermometer says the top surface of the case is at 41.6 c.

Not tried it, but a quick google says: sudo vcgencmd measure_temp should give you the temp.

Today so far, it's looking like mine sits around 41 at virtually no load (saw it go up to 42 and back down again).

I'm half tempted to run the new one as a new RetroPie box now they've released support for the Pi 4 :)

before I start getting myself in trouble with this @wooter - I’m very new to using Docker, would you starting from scratch and installing both Homebridge and TeslaMate using Docker, or am I safe to proceed installing Docker on the already running Homebridge Pi (built using one of their images).

Homebridge runs on a different port than the ports used by TeslaMate and its packages. You're safe. I have TeslaMate and Homebridge running on a Raspberry Pi 4 B I bought a few weeks ago. TeslaMate was my first exposure to docker, and I just followed the manual. I did select to run the 'docker-compose' without -d option to see what was going on.

Only issue I ran into is I already a Grafana installation. I haven't made a good solution yet, but in docker-compose.yml you can easily change the ports the services in the Docker containers will answer, so I have a manual and a docker Grafana running side by side at the moment.

Reactions: DaveW
I typed up everything I was doing yesterday to get the screen less / monitor less setup going on the Pi 0 before my hopes were dashed, then picked it up today once I got everything working from the Docker stage on my existing Pi homebridge setup

Probably not useful for the boffins that have contributed to this thread, but if anyone is reading thinking they'd like to have a go but aren't sure where to start this might be helpful: https://www.teslaev.co.uk/how-to-install-teslamate-on-a-raspberry-pi-without-using-a-monitor/

I'm wondering if we can somehow use the rsync to google drive process that the Pi 0 dash cam uses to get backups shipped from the device, something I'll try and have a play with at some point :)

Set up Teslamate on my Windows 10 server, with Docker. Had a slight delay whilst ordering a long hdmi so I could connect to the TV to enter BIOS and enable virtualization!

Also initially had a lot of config trouble, but it's because I googled the Teslamate documentation instead of using Roy's link - and it brings back an outdated guide.
(Make sure you use docs.teslamate.org!)

I'm fairly technical but first time using docker, so if anyone needs help with the Windows route feel free to tag me.

Teslafi imported all fine, and so far so good, will play with dashboard config at some point. Developer definitely due some beer money.

Reactions: Roy W.
Also initially had a lot of config trouble, but it's because I googled the Teslamate documentation instead of using Roy's link - and it brings back an outdated guide.
(Make sure you use docs.teslamate.org!)

I had the exact same issue. Didn't even discover the other link until I'd basically done it all manually. Really annoying, wasted like 3 hours, but at least I learnt a bit about YAML syntax which was part of the point of using Teslamate on a Pi... which I'm sure I'll never need to use again :(.

Took me a while to realise you needed to log into the Grafana dash as admin to be able to create new dashboards/panels etc as well.