Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Warranty Issue + Impact on XPEL Wrap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On top of this, Tesla is the one who told me to get the part wrapped...

I also noticed this wording use in your original post:
- I'm pretty sure that Tesla did not TELL you to get the seat wrapped.
- Back to the original post: I'm pretty sure Tesla did not "advise" you to get the seat wrapped.

Both of these examples are you implying that Tesla actively PUSHED you to do something. In the end, *you* did something that didn't work out.

Cheers.

• Disagree
Reactions: TaoJones
I also noticed this wording use in your original post:
- I'm pretty sure that Tesla did not TELL you to get the seat wrapped.
- Back to the original post: I'm pretty sure Tesla did not "advise" you to get the seat wrapped.

Both of these examples are you implying that Tesla actively PUSHED you to do something. In the end, *you* did something that didn't work out.

Cheers.

I’ve written everything clearly. If you want to twist words, sure go ahead.

I advised Tesla I wanted to get the car and seats wrapped. Tesla said it would be ok regardless of a seat replacement as they could use the seat back on the new one.

I never said they forced me at gun point to get it wrapped, I’m saying I got the car wrapped with their approval.

Sometimes fanboyism is a little extreme here.

So, I have a problem where I took delivery of a Model X in April 2017. At the time of delivery, there was an issue noted with the passenger seat where the sides were very stiff. It was advised that the seat will likely need to be replaced.

At the time of taking delivery, I advised Tesla I intend to get the car wrapped with XPEL INCLUDING the glossy seat backs...

Tesla Advised me to proceed with getting the wrap done as they would be able to use the old seat back on the new seat.

Fast forward to 2 weeks ago (exactly 1 year after taking delivery), the replacement seat had finally arrived and upon pick up of my vehicle I was advised "we weren't able to use the same seat back as the seats have changed since you took delivery".

I asked if there was anything they could do, and they said because they're not the ones who put the XPEL on they can't.

My issue is, they might not have put the XPEL on, but I confirmed this before getting it put on that the seat backs are interchangeable...

Why do I have to spend my time and money getting the seat back wrapped again because Tesla took 1 year to deliver a replacement part, that too after Tesla told me it wouldn't be a problem.

I took this up with the service manager at the location who told me they can't do anything.

I went through the "Escalate to Executive review" on Tesla Dashboard, and they finally called me and told me they can't do anything because its not a Tesla part.

Is there anything else I can do here or am I out of luck?

Overall Customer Service has definitely gone down hill from when I bought my First X in 2016, where for a similar issue the service manager went above and beyond what I had expected, and now I'm being told I'm on my own.

Thank you for trusting XPEL to protect your Tesla. Please keep us posted on this. We'll do all we can to help. If Tesla won't comply, then talk to your installer and keep us in the loop. You can reach me directly at [email protected].

Good luck!

Regards,

Michael Dobbins
XPEL - Marketing Manager
[email protected]

Thank you for trusting XPEL to protect your Tesla. Please keep us posted on this. We'll do all we can to help. If Tesla won't comply, then talk to your installer and keep us in the loop. You can reach me directly at [email protected].

Good luck!

Regards,

Michael Dobbins
XPEL - Marketing Manager
[email protected]

Just wanted to give a shout out to XPEL for this! Appreciate a company that stands behind their products! Thanks again!

The customer service definitely makes the difference!

Reactions: XPEL
I'm well aware that most of the Tesla community is "rich", but to some of us money has value, $100 might not mean anything to you, but it does to some.

The point of this post was when you're promised one thing, and something else happens.

C’mon, you’re a “wall st guy”....it will probably cost you more in your time than just paying to get it done. :)

Glad it worked out for you.