Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s possible. It’s also possible those things you list have been excessively applied. Sometimes making them flaws Tesla has survived despite of, rather than being ingredients in the secret sauce.
That list also reads like rationalizations for recent debatable acts...
Probable in my opinion (first possible underplays). Your second possible should be unlikely.

The relative performance of the previously mentioned EV companies really puts Tesla in a great light.

Ditto SpaceX, even more so.

Like @uscbucsfan has pointed out, maybe Elon is just trying to get his message across. He has to understand that not everyone is wired like he is, how this plays out, who knows? I am sure there is a waiting list of people wanting to work at Tesla, it is definitely not for the faint of heart.

Elon put out an 84 hour work week for the remaining Twitter employees (or something). This isn't the first he's done this.

I have a friend that has been working at Tesla for a while now and he shared an email Elon sent regarding layoffs, hardcore, etc. I did not post it on here because mods might remove it for being inappropriate or what not.

TL DR: He wants people to put in 80 hrs and if they are not willing to ditch their personal life for the mission, they're out. Company wide ban on frivolous activities, and third, any complaints about the new initiative, they're out. Lastly, he mentioned that tesla cannot afford to carry any dead weight which is why the SC team was let go.
So what is the mission now?
'Twitter Influencer' Elon isn't frivolous?
Leaders lead by example. How is it OK for Elon to require 80 hrs/wk when he's been AWOL the last 18 months at Twitter playing freedom fighting right-wing influencer?

They could def use SOME form of rescue.

Makes sense. Rivian, from what I've seen, makes decent stuff and is in a less, albeit more $$ segment of the EV market. Apple takes a stake, has tons of cash, and their EV plans are gone...also, unlike Lucid who has the Saudi's, Rivian needs a banker to make sure they survive.

I have a friend that has been working at Tesla for a while now and he shared an email Elon sent regarding layoffs, hardcore, etc. I did not post it on here because mods might remove it for being inappropriate or what not.

TL DR: He wants people to put in 80 hrs and if they are not willing to ditch their personal life for the mission, they're out. Company wide ban on frivolous activities, and third, any complaints about the new initiative, they're out. Lastly, he mentioned that tesla cannot afford to carry any dead weight which is why the SC team was let go.
Not sure how this is going to work in the EU. The working time directive allows for a 48 hour week max.

It's getting to the point where China data no longer build any trend. If you are using it to judge demand, it introduces more noise than signal. One week it's 2000 and next week is 10k. Then 4k then 16k. It's like a bunch of random nonsense now.
For those her care to visualize your point
2024050707573546.jpg

Like @uscbucsfan has pointed out, maybe Elon is just trying to get his message across. He has to understand that not everyone is wired like he is, how this plays out, who knows? I am sure there is a waiting list of people wanting to work at Tesla, it is definitely not for the faint of heart.

I question folks who are top workers/"in control" dying to work for Tesla personally. I do see a large number of Twitter jobs still. Nvidia is typically rated as one of the best places to work and with their stock, assume the comp is far better/more stable than Tesla as well.

Folks who are in massive demand, can choose wherever they work, I question if they care anymore to work at Tesla when you will/can be second guessed by the boss and the financial rewards are minimal, the mission is now FSD/AI/Robotics.

For the college grad, yeah, they will be happy to find anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: alexxs88 and MD70

Meh.

I have a friend of a friend who said that Elon wanted people to work from home and only 15 minutes a week. All of them got mad and said they wanna work full time to be good workers. Elon bad.

No, I explicitly did not:

and only exists because you appeared to misunderstand the scope of the original post which was referring to supercharging:

Not appropriate unless you are starting with data supporting a 5,000 person supercharger team.

Here you refer to "employees" meaning in general, not employees meaning the Supercharging team.

If you meant that subset specifically the entire time,

then I am the one who misunderstood and I apologize for my error.
I have no care to debate whether the supercharging layoffs were closer to 100% or 0% (where 90% and 10% are the same amount of error)

After much deliberation, it seems prudent to concede how, within the scope of your perspective,

100% of those 500 people who were laid off,...

were indeed,...

laid off.​

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: ShareLofty
Meh.

I have a friend of a friend who said that Elon wanted people to work from home and only 15 minutes a week. All of them got mad and said they wanna work full time to be good workers. Elon bad.
There's always at least one doubter on the validity of anything that is posted. Believe what you want to believe.

Makes sense. Rivian, from what I've seen, makes decent stuff and is in a less, albeit more $$ segment of the EV market. Apple takes a stake, has tons of cash, and their EV plans are gone...also, unlike Lucid who has the Saudi's, Rivian needs a banker to make sure they survive.
With some automakers deciding not to go full Car Play across the dash, (MB stated no). Apple will have its first customer using its system across the dash.

Not talking about simple CarPlay, Apple has a UI that will display not just on radio head unit but also in front on of you in the instrument panel. For various reasons, automakers have not been tripping over themselves to use it.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: advocate8
Or for long term/decades HOFDL folks, just no need to peruse this thread at all since nothing anyone says will ever change your mind right? It's a waste of your time reading/commenting. As a non-stock holder, it's clearly a waste of my time too, but I find both sides of the technology/Elon/management/TSLA argument interesting enough to waste it (not like the solar talk in CA has much changes anymore).

I think there are just as much bullish blanket statements from bulls than some of the criticism, but the problem with forums/society is shutting down the other side and just block/silence all of them. Even Elon claims to be a free speech absolutist and folks here want to silence, some heavy Tesla stock owners as well (who has posted valid concerns with their 1000+ shares)?

So it is okay for someone with no vested interest to talk smack, but it is irrelevant for those with a vested interest to participate in this forum at all if they have no short-term intention of selling.

Wow, that makes so much sense. I think I've had a paradigm shift. Oh, wait, maybe it was a bowel movement.

It seems unlikely that everybody here wants to silence anyone. It is more a matter of balance and proportion.

There appear to be a number of people routinely posting nearly 100% negativity. They seem to be adverse to the possibility that polite discourse could offer a perspective with any insight that could sway their opinion. Yet, they will defend it without end and without considering facts presented to dispel such a perspective. This behavior appears more agenda based than it does constructive.

Another issue are those who have not kept up with the thread, yet post questions about news links that have been discussed and solved (debunked) either recently or in the past. This too takes away from the discussions being attempted here. A little due diligence would go a long way for these people. Though this repeated behavior, after it having been pointed out to them, reeks more as being an agenda than it does coming from a place of sincerity.

Add to this how the rules of this forum support these people being able to contribute consistently disruptive content, and has led to it evolving into another internet pool of discontent instead of the shining bastion of intelligent discussion, humor, and focused analysis it was but a short while ago.

Most of us posting here, specifically those who don't seem to bring an agenda along for the ride, have little to no way to prevent this disruption of our favored place to share information about TSLA.

And, it seems, neither do the moderators.

It is a conundrum.

Last edited: