Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fake news .. Tesla iOS app has this updated pic in Australia. Don’t remember why I muted this guy on X some time ago.. this kind of stuff is probably why.
1714470299441.jpeg

Fake news .. Tesla iOS app has this updated pic in Australia. Don’t remember why I muted this guy on X some time ago.. this kind of stuff is probably why.
View attachment 1043061

According to Grok

Based on the information provided, it appears that Tesla is in talks with the South Korean government to bring its Full Self Driving (FSD) system to the country. A safety driver program meeting with the Korean Road Traffic Authority was planned but then canceled by Tesla, suggesting ongoing discussions and potential regulatory hurdles. Additionally, there are strong indications from various tweets and discussions that Tesla is working towards offering FSD in South Korea, with some speculation even suggesting it could be the next country after China to receive this technology. However, no official announcement has been made yet.

Just signed up for a Cybertruck event at my nearest Service Centre here in Norway.

Found the info under Events on the Tesla website.

Crossing my fingers hoping I secured a spot!
Same here - few locations in UK

Overview
Cybertruck has begun its journey across Europe. Come and meet Cybertruck on display at Tesla Solihull and get a unique photo together with your friends and family.
Schedule 12–17 May 2024 @ 10am-8pm
Location Tesla Solihull B90 8AA, Solihull United Kingdom

According to Grok

Based on the information provided, it appears that Tesla is in talks with the South Korean government to bring its Full Self Driving (FSD) system to the country. A safety driver program meeting with the Korean Road Traffic Authority was planned but then canceled by Tesla, suggesting ongoing discussions and potential regulatory hurdles. Additionally, there are strong indications from various tweets and discussions that Tesla is working towards offering FSD in South Korea, with some speculation even suggesting it could be the next country after China to receive this technology. However, no official announcement has been made yet.
What does Grok know? He's he up to date to the latest news? I would never trust it for these questions.

I imaging the one who leaked the email is either Rebecca or Danial.

Maybe Tesla is different, but I don't see how a company of Tesla's size can keep stuff like this quiet when managers are leaving and since near all their employees under them are getting the boot as well. Someone will talk since you just lost your job and have to find a new one so you reach out to your contacts.

Similar to the Twitter cuts, and again, maybe Tesla folks are of a different cloth and Twitter had more fat, but I don't know how, no matter how trustworthy, excellent, hardcore, or necessary you are when a lot of this (layoffs in general) are really out of your control. Morale can't be good when you aren't even sure you'll be around.

Edit: From looking at some comments on the Elektrek article, maybe anything not related to AI/FSD/Robotics/etc is at risk. Maybe all the hard work is already done in the SC network, but from the comments, it seems like they are too crowded in too many spots with the rapid Tesla growth/NACS support. Not sure how they will expand/support it if the whole team got sacked (unless it's a different team).

Last edited:
I've never in my life seen live or driven the UPL like Chuck's case. I don't think it would never pass a city planning process in Finland. Never. So does it have to be a show stopper (or at least a drag) for FSD?

(Yes, I know, the EU regulation is our show stopper at the moment...)
Unfortunately, in North America there are many unprotected left turns. I avoid most of them because it's almost always faster to turn right than U-turn rather than wait for traffic in both directions to clear (there is always some straggler who is just close enough to prevent a safe turn).

Reactions: wtlloyd
Same here - few locations in UK

Overview
Cybertruck has begun its journey across Europe. Come and meet Cybertruck on display at Tesla Solihull and get a unique photo together with your friends and family.
Schedule 12–17 May 2024 @ 10am-8pm
Location Tesla Solihull B90 8AA, Solihull United Kingdom

Got this in via email, none near me (Scotland :rolleyes:)
Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 11.35.08.png

Okay, someone needs to slap some sense in me; give it to me straight, Will Smith-style:

How is dissolving 500 people from the Supercharger team any good? Are we talking about relocation? This is bizar.
Perhaps new blood will help the Supercharger Deserts. A few days ago there was a tornado that closed Ardmore, OK. There are no other Superchargers close to Ardmore (next stop going north on I-35 is Perry, 150 miles away, and going south it's ~90 miles to Buc'ees) 240 miles is not doable going normal highway speeds (traffic moves at 75-80 mph on this really busy Interstate).

Okay, someone needs to slap some sense in me; give it to me straight, Will Smith-style:

How is dissolving 500 people from the Supercharger team any good? Are we talking about relocation? This is bizar.

There’s a good chance it is similar to the 3000 layoffs rumour in Berlin (which turned out to be a couple of hundred): highly exaggerated.
How could the Supercharger team be 500 man to start with? AFAIK, most of the work neccessary to open a SUC (landscaping and digging and such, even setting up the transformers) is done by local contractors. So those 500 man would mostly be maintenance and planning. At 6300 open sites, that’s about 1 employee per 10 open sites. Let’s say less than 1000 sites in planning/construction according to supercharge.info. That means 1 employee per 2 sites in planning/construction. IIRC there were Tesla job openings for planners stating tens of concurrent projects.