Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wasn’t this always the case? I have been long intending to sell my M3P to my friend for $24k so she can get the tax credit. What’s breaking here other than my patience on Tesla releasing a worth successor to my M3P? 😂
That's what I am still trying to understand. Is anything new here? Once they can offer the $4K as POS, like the $7,500 new vehicle rebate, this becomes a big deal...news.

Last edited:
Reactions: phantasms
I think FSD is ready for coast to coast cannon ball run ;)
So long as you don’t try to replicate Brock Yates’ speeds. First, unless things have changed FSD will not accept speeds above 90Mph, maybe less now. Also back then there were several monitors, including an aircraft in some places IIRC. Those were different days, I recall not a single traffic citation coast to coast, but came close a few times. I was in a Maserati then.

I am quite anxious to try 12x myself.

A bit more of my Model 3 experience

Took a longish trip on the highway, awesomely stable cruising at 130~140 km/h, 400 km of range at those speeds

At the beginning I thought it was too much power, but it definitely can have more power on the top end, and why the new P will be so awesome and why Plaid exists, and not, I’m not saying this because I este dust from a Lamborghini Urus

Also first time I had uninterrupted time to test the sound system, hats off for the Tesla Audio Engineers, I’ve into DIY audio for over 10 years designing and building speakers, and I’ve never heard something close to Model 3, and they say Highland is better and Cybertruck every better

I suppose your number is right, but I am confused. How could the current PE is 34 and forward PE is 50? Does that mean the Earning is going forward?
Current PE is based on last 12 months of earnings. Forward PE is based on next 12 months - which usually comes from analyst average/consensus of next 12 months earnings.

I had the same thought and you’re probably right, but are we really saying used car dealers are more trustworthy? Anyway, there seems to be a reasonable work around available to enable private sales. Hopefully the IRS doesn’t take issue.
Every user for the portal needs an account and verified banking credentials. There are a lot less dealerships than there are people who want to sell a car.

Reactions: ShareLofty
Regarding TSLA analyst’s ratings, earnings estimates and PE ratios, I haven’t concerned myself with any of these since I first invested in TSLA in 2013, and I don’t intend to start now. Granted…Tesla is not perfect, and Elon does make mistakes, but over the years they have repeatedly demonstrated a willingness and abilty to change when necessary, and I believe they will continue to do whatever is required to fulfill the mission. I’ll continue to HODL, and I’m sure I’ll continue to be amazed at what they accomplish. Cheers!

Regarding TSLA analyst’s ratings, earnings estimates and PE ratios, I haven’t concerned myself with any of these since I first invested in TSLA in 2013, and I don’t intend to start now. Granted…Tesla is not perfect, and Elon does make mistakes, but over the years they have repeatedly demonstrated a willingness and abilty to change when necessary, and I believe they will continue to do whatever is required to fulfill the mission. I’ll continue to HODL, and I’m sure I’ll continue to be amazed at what they accomplish. Cheers!
When a company is working on products that makes current revenue seem like a rounding error, the only thing people should be concerned about are progress of said product and if they can keep the lights on long enough to get the product to market. If these projects doesn't exist, then be concerned about current portfolio of revenue generating products.

I don't know why people are so concerned about earnings growth at this time. We just need earnings to be any positive number and FCF to be positive.

When a company is working on products that makes current revenue seem like a rounding error, the only thing people should be concerned about are progress of said product and if they can keep the lights on long enough to get the product to market. If these projects doesn't exist, then be concerned about current portfolio of revenue generating products.

I don't know why people are so concerned about earnings growth at this time. We just need earnings to be any positive number and FCF to be positive.
Exactly. Does anyone remember when the “experts” said Amazon was just another book store, comparing them to Borders and Barnes and Noble. For a long time, Amazon didn’t make ANY money. Then they started selling electronics, then AWS, logistics, etc. and now look at them. They’ve changed retail and business forever and who knows what’s next for them. Tesla is similar in that they started with autos, but their auto business is more vertically integrated, and they serve as the dealer, the service center, the “fueling” station, etc. Then you have energy, autonomy, insurance, AGI, Optimus,… and who knows what else.

There will be ups and downs in Tesla’s stock price, and if I was Street savvy I’d buy low and sell high. However, @Papafox and others on this board have taught me the price fluctuations are NOT as they seem, and we should HODL good companies. So that’s what I intend to do; I’ll HODL TSLA until it’s no longer a good company.

BTW, did you guys see the Starship launch yesterday? The Chief Engineer of SpaceX is also the TechnoKing of Tesla.