Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The big fight today is whether the manipulators can keep enough pressure on TSLA so that it keeps going down. Yesterday we saw volume of over 270,000 put contract transactions bought and then sold at 220 and 230 and yet this morning there' was very little of those puts left, suggesting the manipulators slowly sold their puts by market close and were rearming to buy again today.

An interesting development was someone buying 215,000 TSLA shares in 1 minute at 8am in pre-market. That buy took up most of the selling demand and we saw an excursion into the green not long after. This is as fascinating to watch as the launch. Hoping today is the day that buying overcomes the manipulative put buying at 220 and 230 strikes and TSLA can recover.

Last edited:
An interesting development was someone buying 215,000 TSLA shares in pre-market. That buy took up most of the selling demand and we saw an excursion into the green not long after. This is as fascinating to watch as the launch. Hoping today is the day that buying overcomes the manipulative put buying at 220 and 230 strikes and TSLA can recover.
Auntie Cathie at it again? :cool:

Strictly, the media tries as hard as it can to find something that makes money. It's our overall preference to read about or watch things that have gone wrong.
If we really preferred good news, they'd be shoving it in our faces.
Here’s the thing; you just shifted blame to ‘us’. Instead of making media responsible for reporting factually and without bias or agenda, you blamed ‘us’ for what media does.

If media was ethical and responsible, they would simply do their jobs as they should and ‘we’ would be fine with it. ‘We’ would change our habits. ‘We’ would come to appreciate the truth without drama. ‘We’d’ click non-sensational, non-defined (good or bad) headlines. ‘We’d’ click for facts.

Just as if a car company made safe, performance compelling, fun EVs people would buy them without needing to be tricked via brainwashing ads.

But hey, I’m also for personal responsibility. So feel free to do better. Be better. And don’t click on the articles. Ever. Full stop. Show the media sensationalism and lies doesn’t make them money. (FYI, that’s a message for all.)

12.x is a step change which drastically reduces the amount of critical disengagements. But, to dispel the hype...

My tipping point: Build goes to wide release and someone live streams 4+ hours of urban average rideshare length nav points during daylight hours (aka has traffic, VRUs and can easily see what's going on around the vehicle).
That's a fantastic idea. Makes me think I could start a YouTube channel that just does Uber/Lyft rides with V12 and reports stats from it.

That would be really cool as it would test FSD's actual fitness for becoming a robotaxi. It's a better test than just driving around.

FSD 12.3 now going to non-employees:

FSD V12 (end to end AI)

Well, the same tiny handful the previous 12.x did looks like at least- nobody in the wider fleet so far.

As James Douma recently mentioned, we are going to start seeing rapid reductions in interventions. Order(s) of magnitude more miles per intervention.

Douma's the same guy who as a frequent guest on Dave Lees show told us first how useful and important radar was as a sensor for Tesla- largely echoing Teslas own talking points on the topic....then soon after Tesla announced they're removing radar and he came on the same show to tell us how bad radar was and how important it was Tesla was removing it.... (again largely echoing Teslas own talking points on this change).

He's a good guy to give you an ELI5 explanation of some fundamental AI/NN stuff.... not so much beyond that for deep insight into Tesla specifically

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the same tiny handful the previous 12.x did looks like at least- nobody in the wider fleet so far.

Doumas the same guy who as a frequent guest on Dave Lees show told us first how useful and important radar was as a sensor for Tesla- largely echoing Teslas own talking points on the topic....then soon after Tesla announced they're removing radar and he came on the same show to tell us how bad radar was and how important it was Tesla was removing it.... (again largely echoing Teslas own talking points on this change).

He's a good guy to give you an ELI5 explanation of some fundamental AI/NN stuff.... not so much beyond that for deep insight into Tesla specifically
I also recall him explaining why he didn't think Optimus would have hands (before unveiling).

The big fight today is whether the manipulators can keep enough pressure on TSLA so that it keeps going down. Yesterday we saw volume of over 270,000 put contract transactions bought and then sold at 220 and 230 and yet this morning there' was very little of those puts left, suggesting the manipulators slowly sold their puts by market close and were rearming to buy again today.

An interesting development was someone buying 215,000 TSLA shares in pre-market. That buy took up most of the selling demand and we saw an excursion into the green not long after. This is as fascinating to watch as the launch. Hoping today is the day that buying overcomes the manipulative put buying at 220 and 230 strikes and TSLA can recover.
Thanks as always for the information. On one hand I agree with your fascination, on the other hand I want the manipulation to stop and the perpetrators severely punished.

Someday, I would like to see all your data put into historical text. It would add another dimension to the Tesla story and be available for future generations to understand why they still exist - if we make it.

Producer price inflation blasted off into the stratosphere
I wonder how much of this PPI is from what we also see happening in Auto. Prices are raised to make up for weak volume - as if to ride out the storm. So what if everyone is compensating in this way, just like those fewer chips in the chip bag, right?

• Helpful
Reactions: Krugerrand
I know what's wrong... Tesla hasn't started pulling yet!

1710427192930.png

Stock is inverse to the Starship progress this AM. Coincidence?
The whole market is the same. And factually, in this moment, TSLA is doing better than many.

Just ignore it all. It’s a moment in time and insignificant on the whole - unless you’re being bad and trying to make a quick buck playing along side the crooks. Then you get what you deserve by hanging out with them.

There is so much else going on to be excited about. How amazing it is to see sights provided to us all for free by SpaceX. I know I’ll not ever have the opportunity to go to space, but I get to experience at least a piece of it.