Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh boy, this should get plenty of FUD coverage. FUDverage?

Not likely to see headlines apologizing should (when?) these investigations bear no fruit.

More ammo from the oh, so, reliable mainstream for @TSLA Pilot to hate on Elon over?
It's saddening that no one bothers to give our favorite Billionaire any form of a fair shake. He's one of the few truly principled leaders and seems to be the least likely CEO to participate in being on the receiving end of perks. Doesn't even give his immediate family discounts. Shame on the FUDsters

"For customers with a Supercharging Membership, the price to use a Supercharger stall on a non-Tesla EV is $9.99 per month. For those who aren’t members, Tesla charges $0.78 per kWh, and Idle fees are up to $1.00 per minute."
I know this is re:Australia....but we still don't know how it will work in the US yet, correct? I'd be okay with all the customers of "me-too" OEMs adopting the NACS paying a membership fee. Seems like there was a comment that they would be able to pay the same rates as Tesla owners, but maybe that's contingent on a membership?

Last edited:
We knew feds were not going to raise rates, however the futures for 2024 used to have 4 rate cuts from last report but this new report took those out. Basically possible one more rate hike before end of year however high rates for longer.
They went from 4 rate cuts next year to 2 right

Now the question is whether that's also too optimistic. Growth needs to come down, these union negotiations + higher wages need to not result in another round of inflationary pressure, prices need to stay stable for vehicles, homes/rent, and other items that feed into core inflation metrics.

Yet at the moment we have strikes unfolding in the auto sector and Tesla itself has also shut down factories for retooling and other work, all of this will likely work to bring down vehicle inventories and provide upward pressure on prices.

They went from 4 rate cuts next year to 2 right

Now the question is whether that's also too optimistic. Growth needs to come down, these union negotiations + higher wages need to not result in another round of inflationary pressure, prices need to stay stable for vehicles, homes/rent, and other items that feed into core inflation metrics.

Yet at the moment we have strikes unfolding in the auto sector and Tesla itself has also shut down factories for retooling and other work, all of this will likely work to bring down vehicle inventories and provide upward pressure on prices.
I don't think -50-100k vehicles for one quarter in which the next quarter they will make it up will not do anything to inflation. I think inflationary pressure coming from high energy prices is more of a thing than what the automakers are doing.

Big picture, I do believe the strike “Accelerates the world to a sustainable future.” That is the goal after all.

No disrespect for lost jobs, pensions, or employability. The writing is, and was, on the wall (in the hallway around the corner, but they all saw it at one time or another). And then rubbed the ridicule in our faces.

I know this is re:Australia....but we still don't know how it will work in the US yet, correct? I'd be okay with all the customers of "me-too" OEMs adopting the NACS paying a membership fee. Seems like there was a comment that they would be able to pay the same rates as Tesla owners, but maybe that's contingent on a membership?
Canadian here. In my Tesla app, under Account/Charging, there’s a item that says Membership for Non-Teslas. Clicking on that gets me to the following page:

IMG_5611.png

Last edited:
Remember Tesla guided in the Q2 call for lower numbers in Q3 vs. Q2. It *shouldn't* shock or surprise anyone. We know it's coming.

Will Wall Street poop their pants? Surely. Don't they always?
Will TSLAQ claim demand problems and poop their cute little diapers? Surely. Don't they always?

The rest of us have our eyes on the long game.
IIRC Tesla only guided for lower production. They have increased inventory for a while now, so if deliveries were lower, that would exacerbate Wall St. demand fears.

It occurs to me that a video of Optimus doing real factory work might end the UAW negotiations.

To me, this is the most pausible reason why Tesla Giga Berlin may not be increasing its human labor force quickly right now. They may intend to keep the number of humans constant, and add more automation as production expands. "Productivity" is what makes labor valuable; the human workers there will need more diverse skills, and be more valuable to their employer. Win-Win.

Cheers to the Work-Force!

I agree. No doubt Munro’s tear downs and six digit cost reports are useful to the industry. His videos are just marketing fluff in an attempt to stay in the public eye. I’m not even sure why he does them since his viewers aren’t likely to buy his reports, and the people that do buy his reports aren’t likely his viewers.

Nonetheless, the videos do occasionally have interesting info buried in them.
One counterexample. I have a friend who is an expert at one part of the car and the competition is paying for his services. He watched a video by Munro, then bought the report. What I learned from him was basically:

1. He was a bit unimpressed with the Munro report so he did his own teardown of the parts he was interested in
2. Tesla are years ahead
3. He could reproduce Tesla's result for the competition, but it would require a large team of experts working for a few years and there are very few experts in his domain for hire...
4. End result is that Tesla will have a large advantage for the foreseeable future
5. He is super impressed by Tesla's engineering of all the parts that he understands

One counterexample. I have a friend who is an expert at one part of the car and the competition is paying for his services. He watched a video by Munro, then bought the report. What I learned from him was basically:

1. He was a bit unimpressed with the Munro report so he did his own teardown of the parts he was interested in
2. Tesla are years ahead
3. He could reproduce Tesla's result for the competition, but it would require a large team of experts working for a few years and there are very few experts in his domain for hire...
4. End result is that Tesla will have a large advantage for the foreseeable future
5. He is super impressed by Tesla's engineering of all the parts that he understands
You‘ve piqued my curiosity! What could take a team of experts years to replicate?

Motor, inverter, AI chips, heat pump… was it one of those?