Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you have a good intuition on possible Optimus impact (on SP) late this year or early next. I have to believe Tesla has a crack team working on innovating much smoother walking bots. Video of that better mobility on a Tesla production line (early experimental) would IMO really make the point (perhaps even to dullard WS analysts) that Optimus is real, not 5 years off and Tesla's expertise in AI, the significance of which is now understood, greatly increases likelihood of it's success and first mover status for years afterwards.
Here I’m being a fool by thinking that Wall Street won’t recognize Optimus potential earnings for years. I’m looking for FSD to give the stock the next 10x run but I would be pleasantly surprised if Optimus adds to that as well. I’m getting 2019 vibes again and I like it!

Here I’m being a fool by thinking that Wall Street won’t recognize Optimus potential earnings for years. I’m looking for FSD to give the stock the next 10x run but I would be pleasantly surprised if Optimus adds to that as well. I’m getting 2019 vibes again and I like it!
Hope your not a fool because I agree.

Looks interesting, but at only SEER 18, it would be a downgrade.
OT, but fun fact... I installed 2 A/C units with just a SEER 13 (we needed a scroll motor type with a soft-start for the low surge power requirement of the Powerwalls). When they run for long periods, even a SEER 23 will save nothing. It's the cycling on/off where the lower SEER number (higher efficiency) matters. In Az, the A/C here stays on for hours at a time, so the crazy costs of high SEER almost doesn't make sense at this location. OTOH, it can save energy overall - Spring/Fall perhaps. It's just not what most people think on the efficiency side.

So a SEER 18 isn't terrible and especially fine for Az type climate. I almost put down $100 but my units are still fairly new. (Was only $5K for the 2 systems vs about $12K for SEER 18 - outlet pricing.)

A lot of optimism on this board suddenly.

We've had a few good weeks so people are getting back into rally mode.

I'm still skeptical of this year. I don't trust Powell and I fear we might see another rate hike yet, or some unforeseen negative catalyst to plunge the market down again. Economy is still too shaky for me to feel confident in it. To say nothing of Tesla's price cuts, lower margins, and CT line ramp costs.

Bullish on FSD? I mentioned recently how our Tempe Az office posted openings for a couple of new FSD drivers. Maybe not so routine after all, but more of an FSD prep move given the international hiring now - my interpretation anyway.

Thinking future... my guess is that the FSD capabilities will release just like they did at first with only some actions fully automated. An example might be it's OK to sleep on the freeways at first. Eventually gets to drive without occupants as a stepping stone to get to Robotaxi service with occupants. The more they take baby steps, the safer the roll-out. If I could just send the car somewhere... TSLA would be game over on the first baby step IMO. And when will we see a Plexiglas FSD kit to box in the driver's seat? Just a picture of one from Tesla could add about 100 to the stock!

Go FSD team!

I'm still skeptical of this year. I don't trust Powell and I fear we might see another rate hike yet, or some unforeseen negative catalyst to plunge the market down again. Economy is still too shaky for me to feel confident in it. To say nothing of Tesla's price cuts, lower margins, and CT line ramp costs.
I concur with @Mengy 's wise caution, even if he did interrupt and distract us from the purpose of this heat pump/FSD thread.

This who interview is really fascinating. There are hints that Ford might split up the business between an iCE business and an EV business.

Jim also reiterated his warning about Tesla commoditizing the product by constant lowering the price and having such a narrow product scope. I don’t know what to think of that. There is truth to that statement but on the other hand I don’t know how the software FSD/Robotaxi is coming along so that it can be implemented in a short timeframe.

I'm positive that they will split the business. That will be a great chance to offload debt and pension liabilities on the old ICE division as well.

As far as commodities, did Apple commoditize the phone market?

Reactions: jerry33
All 3/Y now officially listed with full 7500 credit, had only been announced by Tesla so far:

Screenshot 2023-06-06 at 16.25.50.png

This who interview is really fascinating. There are hints that Ford might split up the business between an iCE business and an EV business.

Jim also reiterated his warning about Tesla commoditizing the product by constant lowering the price and having such a narrow product scope. I don’t know what to think of that. There is truth to that statement but on the other hand I don’t know how the software FSD/Robotaxi is coming along so that it can be implemented in a short timeframe.

Hints? Do you mean this?:

Powell like ripples and black swans can happen anytime and will happen because real world.
The good thing is that NOBODY is even remotely close to Tesla. There is only one future. All the rest is clueless and thinks Tesla makes EV cars only. I am fine with that.

Long time holders should not even bother with noticing those small trends.

All 3/Y now officially listed with full 7500 credit, had only been announced by Tesla so far:

View attachment 944402

Which strongly tells the story that one version of CT will be 79K.