Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe it will help to start small:

Cheers to the Madmen!
Worst thing is: I remember that ad. Much too young to have any $$ for a response to it.. but my Dad did. As did the next door neighbor.

I remember thinking how cool it was that, when the neighbor's VW turn signal was activated, a little arm flipped out of the A-pillar on the appropriate side and madly blinked a light on the tip..

My first car was my Dad's old '71 VW bug he had used for commuting. Fun going up steep hills in CT; 60 HP will only get one so far.

I remember thinking how cool it was that, when the neighbor's VW turn signal was activated, a little arm flipped out of the A-pillar on the appropriate side and madly blinked a light on the tip..

Haha, semaphores! Turns out they were O.E.M. equipped in euro versions, but were quickly declared non-compliant in N. America. If you still had that car, it'd be worth a small pile'o'cash now... my family had a '62 Cdn Std Beetle. No semaphores by *62.

0d5dca07310eed7a51d6629a3bed82f1.jpg

Cheers to the Long Memories!

No real problem with your comment.. but the definition of "advertisement" might need some adjustment, I think. No question: If, in the 1970's, one saw something talking about a product in a newspaper, radio, or TV, and it wasn't some kind of news show about the Evils of said Product (usually with burning bits lying about), then, definitely, it was paid for and it was an advertisement.

Now it's 2023. People are ditching cable right and left and watching video on non-traditional platforms. Like YouTube. And.. Twitter. Both of those services (and I'm sure there's lots more than those two) are ad-supported in one way or another. So.. Tesla's not exactly paying for that video, I think, but people's eyeballs are being attracted to the platform, which helps Twitter's bottom line.

Fuzzy boundaries.

Upload the ad as content. Then the more people who watch it, the less it will cost.
Or you can pay to advertise and have people instead watch the timer until they can skip it.

Reactions: UncaNed
Video for geeks - shows superiority of Tesla with design of their heat pump system. Very detailed and I enjoyed it.

WeberAuto: Understanding Tesla's Heat Pump System

I recommend this trilogy also because it has nice graphics, probably would watch them first and them John Kelly one, so you have a good understanding of how it works and then you see on the actual vehicle with more in depth explanation

Also recommend watching every single video from Weber Auto, even the non EV ones if you are into learning how stuff works the practical way

You can even see some old GM packs there, and the sad thing is that they were better designed lol

Seems strange that when $TSLA rallies, headlines like this come out:

Ford up, TSLA going to dive in red, where is Barron's article for the reason behind it?

Is it allowed for us to have a talk about this topic and it's rules here? Not looking to endless discussion on on it, just some questions/suggestions

But want to make sure first so I don't break any more rules

No, not allowed. It would become a mess.

Suggestions can always be sent via PM though. But if pertains to the subject ‘antics/Twitter/public perception of Elon’, then don’t bother. This thread can’t handle it, as history has shown.

No, that is marketing, just like the survey you received. (An ad would mean they paid for it to be delivered to you, and that was just a Tweet, not a promoted/paid for ad.)

I have always been fine with Tesla performing marketing, but I still think it is not yet time for them to start advertising...
Sorry if I'm being a bit nit-picky, but... It's an advertisement.

I think folks get hung up on this idea that advertising is something you have to pay for. It isn't.

For example, I can paste flyers around the neighborhood to advertise my garage sale.

Tesla does not PAY US or European media to broadcast their advertising at the moment. I think they have done paid placements and celebrity endorsements in China but I'm not entirely sure. I know Tesla's marketing in China is significantly different than here.

It was about Tesla brand perception, directly linked to investing on Tesla

Tesla brand perception in a general sense which would include reference to research, charts, etc. would seem to be on point for this forum.

Unfortunately, there are those who jump at every opportunity to raise their gripes about Elon-specific causation theories.

These theories are more often than not unsupported by fact-based research. These discussions have always devolved into people taking sides for personal reasons which are well outside the scope of actual, general brand perception and are based more on opinion (feelings) than upon demonstrable fact.

For this reason those people were given their own sandbox to pee in. Which they have done, by the bucket full.

This showed up on the apple stock app a little while ago. The guys a Market Watch seem a little “desperate”.
Just more proof that “they” manipulate the stock with negative headlines. This time they made a mistake and posted the article when the SP wears still green, BEFORE the actual event happened. Hmmmm, kind of like they already knew it would.

Sorry if I'm being a bit nit-picky, but... It's an advertisement.

I think folks get hung up on this idea that advertising is something you have to pay for. It isn't.

For example, I can paste flyers around the neighborhood to advertise my garage sale.
I would say you are marketing your garage sale. (Unless you paid someone else to post the flyers.)

According to you Tesla has been advertising since the beginning. If that is the case, then why are people asking Tesla to advertise when they have been all along?

Yes, you are accurate according to a dictionary, but that isn't how people are using the term "advertise" in relation to Tesla.

Reactions: JRP3 and nativewolf