Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TLDR; 10k free supercharging miles for new S&X deliveries that take place before the end of the quarter. Non - transferrable, and must be used within 2 years.

TLDR; 10k free supercharging miles for new S&X deliveries that take place before the end of the quarter. Non - transferrable, and must be used within 2 years.
Same here in Europe with the brand new lootbox incentives: refer a friend to buy a Tesla vehicle now and receive 10k credits (instead of 2k) if the friend takes delivery before March 31st 2023.

In other words: if you get someone to buy an inventory car right now you get extra credits.

Has this been discussed here in TMC? Munro thinks this has got real potential unlike the many fake battery breakthroughs that come every week. 500 wh/kg is just jaw dropping.. kind of too good to be true.

If there is a separate topic that this is being discussed, would appreciate a link.

Hmmm all these end-of-quarter incentives, despite dismantling the ‘wave’, makes me curious. Are they running behind and have to push just to reach minimum expectations? Or is it burnt hair time and they’re going to knock it out of the park?
So far, S & X only. I'm not seeing this as evidence they're running behind internal delivery targets.

Last edited:

Has this been discussed here in TMC? Munro thinks this has got real potential unlike the many fake battery breakthroughs that come every week. 500 wh/kg is just jaw dropping.. kind of too good to be true.

If there is a separate topic that this is being discussed, would appreciate a link.
Caveat: the 500wh/kg figure is (I believe) the pouch cell on its own. Though one image looked like a carbon fiber wrapped stack with semi-circlular end caps which could be quite light. Still needs rest of support systems (thermal, BMS)

Pure silicon anodes do have a higher volumetric and gravimetric energy density than carbon. Which is why Tesla had them on their roadmap at Battery Day. The 90kWh packs from way back were higher silicon content and had cycling issues. New approach is intended to address the expansion related issues.

There is a thread with discussion, but it's OT for it also... Could be fodder for Engineering Discussions, or start a new one.

• Helpful
Reactions: Electroman
34.1%

This is Tesla's share of the Norwegian car market (not only the EV market) so far this year. In 2022 Tesla had a market share of 12.2% so this is quite some growth! For March alone the market share is 46.4% so far.

Norwegian buyers are expected to buy 110.000 - 130.000 cars this year - according to the car news site BilNytt.

Source: Tesla med 46 % markedsandel - har allerede satt ny rekord i mars

Edit: Added the even more impressive March percentage.
Thanks for posting. I think this is really significant. Some here have dreamed that Tesla could take a huge share like that in every market.

But others have argued that there are too many people who just don't want to buy a Tesla. Or, they don't want to have the same car as everyone else.

These are both arguments that "individuality" is an important factor in the car-buying decision. But Norway is showing that this is not necessarily the case. If Tesla sells cars that are significantly better at a price people can afford, "individuality" goes out the window.

Downloading now on my 2018 Model 3. I don't think I've ever gotten an update that wasn't wide release.
downloading for me too on my 2017 MS.
Canadian here, 2022.45.12 (with FSD v11.3.3) downloading in my 2023 Model X. Not yet for my 2018 Model 3. Therefore not just a US release.

Thanks for posting. I think this is really significant. Some here have dreamed that Tesla could take a huge share like that in every market.

But others have argued that there are too many people who just don't want to buy a Tesla. Or, they don't want to have the same car as everyone else.

These are both arguments that "individuality" is an important factor in the car-buying decision. But Norway is showing that this is not necessarily the case. If Tesla sells cars that are significantly better at a price people can afford, "individuality" goes out the window.
Not necessarily. Even Tesla knows it must "update", Mid market change or whatever phrase you want to come up with to keep their cars interesting. What you don't want, especially as a Tesla stockholder if for Tesla to be a fad. Something that is in today, out tomorrow. Constant churn in the way of software updates, external changes and new products will keep that from happening.

There will always be people who pay $10k-$20k just to look different from others. The majority of people would rather spend that money on food, vacation, etc.

Looks are the way ICE makers try to differentiate their refreshed products in a saturated market. Tesla operates in a very different kind of market, at least for now.

Hmmm all these end-of-quarter incentives, despite dismantling the ‘wave’, makes me curious. Are they running behind and have to push just to reach minimum expectations? Or is it burnt hair time and they’re going to knock it out of the park?
I'm hoping it is Burnt Hair time...

Last edited:
I plan on it! You can bet there will be a video and commentary from me on how big an issue this actually is.

Until it’s out we don’t know whether this is going to be a problem or just overblown FUD. I just hate hearing people say “Nobody does this“, plenty of us do.
Stop. Nobody said nobody does this, but somebody sure said everyone does this, which is no more true.

Not you, not me, and not the original poster on the topic knows squat about how many people use their trucks in any specific fashion. They know how they use it, how their family, friends and acquaintances use it. That little circle does not decide how many units of Cyber will be sold based on their usage.

Again, if any particular vehicle doesn’t suit the individual just move on and go buy something else instead of showing up here claiming you know how one feature will effect Tesla’s sales of that vehicle. Falcon Wing doors anybody? Another wasted discussion when the predominant reason for a certain level of sales is and always has been price.

Last edited: