Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand that! Just a lot of people... Credit Card Statistics And Trends 2023
I wonder how skewed these stats are by all of the banks offering 18 months no interest on their cards. I have about $25,000 worth of credit card debt right now, but I've never paid a cent of interest on a credit card balance ever. I would rather buy TSLA at these prices than pay off my credit cards.

More cost, higher liabilities. When will this nightmare of accelerating innovation end?
Forget privacy, should we start campaigning for no more Tesla news?
1679026354408.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: lafrisbee

1 hour 50 minutes of Sandy, Cory from Munro + seasoned car maker journalists/experts

Very pro-Tesla in my opinion (so far, still watching)

25k car achievable, Tesla future rosy, 48 volt, view on "investors" focus/expertise - more. Probably little new for you experts

The lawsuit isn't very clear what's specific bits are the concern. Are they talking about servicing the battery? If it's not under warrantee, I don't think Tesla cares. Likewise the charging system and drivetrain. Lots of 3rd party bodywork gets done. Tires obviously as well.

The biggest problem is there are few or no third party suppliers for replacement parts for a Tesla. I don't think this is due to Tesla, I think it's simply supply and demand. Eventually there will be enough Teslas on the road for these companies to start producing parts for Teslas. But the problem is things that fail, Tesla fixes. Like the 12v system which failed are getting replaced by batteries which should last the life of the vehicle.

That plus the fact that Teslas change so fast likely makes being a 3rd party supplier for Tesla a nightmare.
One often overlooked area, common with Teslas too, is collision repair. There is an active market in newish totaled Teslas. Rich Rebuilds is one often mentioned here. Another which does battery work also is wk057. Such businesses would benefit greatly from less restrictive Tesla policies. Then there are legions of body shops that really want freedom to use third party parts. This industry is gigantic. That is why companies keep litigating these issues. Tesla cares intensely because even out of warranty does not end potential liability, just reduces it.

Highly unlikely Musk cares about buses. He sees a world full of driverless vehicles where buses are rarely the right size vehicle. How often do 56 people need to start and finish in the same places at the same time? Once the driver is removed, it‘s about cost per seat and cents per km. Mass production favours smaller vehicles. 5 x 12 seaters for a lower price than one bus. With platooning you get energy efficiency.
Where I live there’s 2 buses per day. You could run a driverless 12 seater service every 15mins or on demand for less cost.

Bigger question, does public transport make sense at all if robotaxi is cheaper than a bus ticket? It may be that the cost becomes irrelevant and the deciding factor is which vehicles best utilise available road lanes. Different models for big cities, lower densities and rural.
I must disagree. Busses are needed and used in nearly every urban area in the world. In much if the world large busses are profitable. There are substantial fleets of electric busses also, which, among other obvious benefits, are much cheaper to operate and maintain.

Tesla does not need to enter that market because it is becoming well filled by BYD, MarcoPolo, even Thomas with more and better ones coming too. You’re missing THE most developed BEV market in the world:

Bad mood(y):

sc.SIVB.YTD-Chart.2023-03-09.CRASH.png

Silicon Valley Bank (SIVB) was shutdown by Bank Regulators on March 9, 2023. It is not clear whether this action occurred before or after Moody's issued it's re-rating of the failed Bank.

Moody's Corporation common shares (NYSE:MCO) are up +0.98% since the Close on March 9, 2023, and +7.2% YTD.

Ironically, shares of MOD (a manufacturer of thermal management equipment, like the radiators useful in the real economy) are dn -10.5% since Mar 9, even though they are up +25.6% YTD.

Moody's is just providing a service: transferring wealth from the real economy to the fake economy insiders Financial sector. Indeed, MCO cooled down MOD (plus a swack of other equities), and they and their bankster friends are now all the richer for it. :p

#$EC Do-ur-job.

Last edited:
Bad mood(y):

View attachment 918441

Silicon Valley Bank (SIVB) was shutdown by Bank Regulators on March 9, 2023. It is not clear whether this action occurred before or after Moody's issued it's re-rating of the failed Bank.

Moody's Corporation common shares (NYSE:MCO) are up +0.98% since the Close on March 9, 2023, and +7.2% YTD.

Ironically, shares of MOD (a manufacturer of thermal management equipment, like the radiators useful in the real economy) are dn -10.5% since Mar 9, even though they are up +25.6% YTD.

Moody's is just providing a service: transferring wealth from the real economy to the fake economy insiders Financial sector. Indeed, MCO cooled down MOD (plus a swack of other equities), and they and their bankster friends are now all the richer for it. :p

#$EC Do-ur-job.
It really proves Elon was right 6 months ago when he tweeted...

Can Tesla operate service centers in Mississippi? Can Tesla deliver vehicles in Mississippi with the purchase transaction processed out of state, as with Texas?
I’m hoping Tesla can open locations on tribal land like they did in NM.

If too many states go the way of Mississippi, maybe a lawsuit will be sent to the Supreme Court.

I’m hoping Tesla can open locations on tribal land like they did in NM.

I’m hoping Tesla can open locations on SCOTUS land like they did in Gibbons v Ogden (1824).

"In this decision, Chief Justice John Marshall's Court ruled that Congress has the power to “regulate commerce” and that federal law takes precedence over state laws."​

If too many states go the way of Mississippi, maybe a lawsuit will be sent to the Supreme Court.

'zackly. Where'dem attack dogz at? :D

One often overlooked area, common with Teslas too, is collision repair. There is an active market in newish totaled Teslas. Rich Rebuilds is one often mentioned here. Another which does battery work also is wk057. Such businesses would benefit greatly from less restrictive Tesla policies. Then there are legions of body shops that really want freedom to use third party parts. This industry is gigantic. That is why companies keep litigating these issues. Tesla cares intensely because even out of warranty does not end potential liability, just reduces it.
Good point, since collision in not warranty work.

Things vary a lot by state. By law in Michigan, only dealers can perform warranty work on consumer's vehicles (unless it's an emergency)
445.1574 Prohibited conduct by manufacturer.
Sec. 14.
(1) A manufacturer shall not do any of the following:
(p) Authorize a motor vehicle service and repair facility to perform motor vehicle warranty repairs and recall work, unless the work meets any of the following:
(i) Is required for emergency service of a vehicle.
(ii) Is work performed at a service center owned or operated by a manufacturer on a manufacturer-owned vehicle.
(iii) Is work performed by employees of a fleet operator on its own vehicles.

(q) Own a motor vehicle service and repair facility, except that a manufacturer may own a service and repair facility for the repair of manufacturer-owned vehicles.

Definition:
(7) "Motor vehicle service and repair facility" means a motor vehicle repair facility, as defined in section 2 of the motor vehicle service and repair act, 1974 PA 300, MCL 257.1302. The term does not include a motor vehicle dealer performing maintenance, diagnosis, vehicle body work, repairs, or other service or repair work on motor vehicles under the terms of a dealer agreement.

And (as logically follows) manufacturers can tie honoring the warranty to performance by dealers:
2. FOLLOW ALL REQUIREMENTS OF THE WARRANTY, INCLUDING ANY REQUIREMENT
THAT THE REPAIRS MUST BE DONE BY AN AUTHORIZED DEALER SPECIFIED BY THE
MANUFACTURER. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THIS
LAW, CONSULT AN ATTORNEY OR OTHER QUALIFIED INDIVIDUAL.".

Bad mood(y):

View attachment 918441

#$EC Do-ur-job.

The supreme court already spoke on dealer franchise laws, upholding the constitutionality by an 8-1 vote of states having dealer franchise requirements as falling under the states own rights- so there's possibly no case here for Tesla at SCOTUS.

Case was New Motor Vehicle Board v. Fox
(somewhat hilariously- it was a California law under question-- where the state was using the law to deny a new dealership because it would create unfair competition in the area- the law giving existing dealerships the right to block new ones in their area essentially-- court in CA tried to overturn the law, SCOTUS overturned the CA court and upheld the law as constitutional and within the states right to regulate business within the state)

I suppose one could potentially find a new argument here- but the fact Tesla has been dealing with this problem in multiple states for many years- and spent many millions lobbying on it-- and never taken any action suggesting a federal lawsuit-- suggests Teslas legal team does not believe they have much of a case in light of existing SCOTUS precedent on this.

Last edited:
Last edited:

1 hour 50 minutes of Sandy, Cory from Munro + seasoned car maker journalists/experts

Very pro-Tesla in my opinion (so far, still watching)

25k car achievable, Tesla future rosy, 48 volt, view on "investors" focus/expertise - more. Probably little new for you experts

For those without the time to spare for the whole buffet SMR boils it down into a Happy Meal.