Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suppose one could potentially find a new argument here- but the fact Tesla has been dealing with this problem in multiple states for many years- and spent many millions lobbying on it-- and never taken any action suggesting a federal lawsuit-- suggests Teslas legal team does not believe they have much of a case in light of existing SCOTUS precedent on this.
Tesla doesn’t need to sue. A resident in MS or any other state just has to prove that they’ve been harmed by the state law.

SVB Financial seeks bankruptcy protection as banking turmoil persists | Reuters

"SVB Financial Group said on Friday it filed for a court-supervised reorganization under Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection to seek buyers for its assets, days after its former unit Silicon Valley Bank was taken over by U.S. regulators."

FCC creates rules in place to allow for satellite to phone connectivity

Nice. Remember that guy that had his cell phone battery die while out hiking in the desert? He couldn't unlock his Tesla because he had no battery power to operate the RFID key. And Tesla couldn't unlock his car remotely either (nor SIRI) because there was no cell phone coverage at the trailhead.

Well, once there's a few more Starlink v2 mini satelites in orbit, Tesla will be able to unlock you car anywhere it can see the sky! Wonderful time to be a Tesla owner (TSLA too!).

Cheers!

More cost, higher liabilities. When will this nightmare of accelerating innovation end?
Forget privacy, should we start campaigning for no more Tesla news?
View attachment 918422
Still. Some basic features that other manufacturers had 10 years ago are dissapearing. No more parking sensors surprises me. A lot of buzz on the various groups about that. Although I am surprised how many people rely on them for parking I see people interpreting the lack of them as Tesla is a stripped down bare bones car without even basic parking sensors. Some are saying that they can’t even do a birds eye view to help compensate for the lack of basic parking sensors. Auto park is another.

Im surprised it’s a big deal for people but it seems to be. I’m a huge tesla fan but can’t figure out why they went this way on this.

Anyway, bring on the hate and laugh emojis 😂. Let’s start this day right. 😜👍

Tesla doesn’t need to sue. A resident in MS or any other state just has to prove that they’ve been harmed by the state law.

SCOTUS doesn't care if you are harmed so much as they care about the Constitution/ Federal laws. They might be in play if a state tried to block of out state sales (interstate commerce), but intrastate is largely the state's domain.

Bigger question, does public transport make sense at all if robotaxi is cheaper than a bus ticket?

Combine that with the fact that robotaxi eliminates the need to get to and from a bus stop to your destination (let alone subways/other forms of MT).
Robotaxi does not yet exist and likely won't for many years.

SCOTUS doesn't care if you are harmed so much as they care about the Constitution/ Federal laws. They might be in play if a state tried to block of out state sales (interstate commerce), but intrastate is largely the state's domain.
If a manufacturer is out of state trying to sell in another state, does that count?

Last edited:
Nice. Remember that guy that had his cell phone battery die while out hiking in the desert? He couldn't unlock his Tesla because he had no battery power to operate the RFID key. And Tesla couldn't unlock his car remotely either (nor SIRI) because there was no cell phone coverage at the trailhead.

Well, once there's a few more Starlink v2 mini satelites in orbit, Tesla will be able to unlock you car anywhere it can see the sky! Wonderful time to be a Tesla owner (TSLA too!).

Cheers!
I'm pretty sure V2 minis they are currently launching do not have the large (25 square meter) cell phone antenna.

If a manufacturer is out of state trying to sell in Mississippi, does that count?

Not in the sense you mean.

There's TONS of state laws prohibiting or heavily regulating sales of a given item within a given state that all remain legal.

(Try ordering any number of specific firearms from out of state while living in California-- or trying to order ANY firearm out of state as a direct sale without a state-regulated middle man being involved for a really obvious example but there's lots of others)

Still. Some basic features that other manufacturers had 10 years ago are dissapearing. No more parking sensors surprises me. A lot of buzz on the various groups about that. Although I am surprised how many people rely on them for parking I see people interpreting the lack of them as Tesla is a stripped down bare bones car without even basic parking sensors. Some are saying that they can’t even do a birds eye view to help compensate for the lack of basic parking sensors. Auto park is another.

Im surprised it’s a big deal for people but it seems to be. I’m a huge tesla fan but can’t figure out why they went this way on this.

Anyway, bring on the hate and laugh emojis 😂. Let’s start this day right. 😜👍
Remember all the people who cried that Tesla removed Radar and cited that AP will phantom brake and will be nerfed? Well that kind of blew over didn't it?

Response to Xpeng earnings makes sense - they 'doubled' their profits from -4.86B in 2021 to -9.14B in 2022.

1679061641763.png

Hold on here... wait a minute... those profit numbers are negative... so they doubled their losses! I can't for the life of me understand how this is a good thing.

As Sasha would put it, stupid games for stupid prizes.

Pretty bad results for XPENG last qtr even before Teslas price cuts.

It may not be long for this world, but I see the ADR rallying.

Reactions: oldTAVguy
Oregon is going to suspend EV incentives due to demand/costs.

I can see this happening at the federal level within the next few years.

Remember all the people who cried that Tesla removed Radar and cited that AP will phantom brake and will be nerfed? Well that kind of blew over didn't it?
My '22 Model 3 phantom brakes and also often excessively brakes when an actual braking event occurs, making TACC and standard AP basically useless for me. I've always wished it had a dumb cruise control like my old vehicles.