Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I strongly suspect the USS thing is a supply chain issue where an OTA update promise was necessary to continue moving vehicles and not have them sitting on lots waiting for parts, can’t think of any other plausible explanation

Pretty big win for the company being able to cut parts and promise OTA updates that may or may not fully replace lost functionality at some unspecified future date, that is agility right there.

At least it’s not missing hardware though, it’s just a missing software update! It’s not like you need to bring your car in for service, we need a different classification for this.

The only possible way I can reconcile this decision to stop installing USS before the solution was in hand, is if there were supply chain issues getting the sensors and it would have held up production...otherwise spend the extra $30 (or whatever) until the solution is in hand. This ain't a Yugo.
I think they thought they had the solution in hand. Musk said months ago that v11 was just a few weeks away.

Likely they were in the final stages of testing, pulled the plug on USS and discovered some show-stopper issue they needed to address.

They are now stuck with this until v11 is delivered.

Mr. Holiday, what happened?

1677020771351.png

Some mentioned a head and shoulders pattern in play (not this, just reminded me). Is that still on track?

Also, good time to buy?

The only possible way I can reconcile this decision to stop installing USS before the solution was in hand, is if there were supply chain issues getting the sensors and it would have held up production...otherwise spend the extra $30 (or whatever) until the solution is in hand. This ain't a Yugo.
I was kind of under the impression it was a supply chain crisis. Not sure why.

No pumpkins on this beast. Just go straight over the rocks. (Turn up the sound... is this CT motors or steering maybe?)

Ground clearance 16" and flat bottom. So the bottom would be at my knee cap level.

Also, good time to buy?
Maybe start dollar-cost averaging if you're considering investing more? Perhaps a $5 drop triggers a buy of 100, another $5 triggers another buy of 100, etc.

Or go with an even more opportunistic method:

SP @ 195 buys 50
SP @ 190 buys 75
SP @ 180 buys 100
SP @ 170 buys 200
etc.

Wow. 56 posts in the last 24 hours, which actually included a trading day. Made keeping up with the thread super easy, but why so quiet?
In my case mostly because I'm waiting for March 1, but also partially because I'm trying to lift my average post quality.

Some topics that generated a lot of heat and smoke and very little light are also no longer posted here.

Very good price action. Repeatedly testing $200 and establishing a firm floor with sideways action/consolidation into March 1 is great. $200 may not be seen ever again once TSLA takes off for good
Now that $200 was broken, what does your TA suggest our probable direction is next? I believe it was you that shared....
in fact, i will be truly surprised if TSLA trades below $180-$190s ever again
Not being a smart a$$, just looking for another interpretation of the tea leaves...

No pumpkins on this beast. Just go straight over the rocks. (Turn up the sound... is this CT motors or steering maybe?)

Ground clearance 16" and flat bottom. So the bottom would be at my knee cap level.
Wow! Does it come with stairs or a ladder?

I assume this is the HW4 cameras:

An article:
new-cameras-model-sx.jpg

So I think we can assume that at least some HW4 Model S/X are in production right now.

Maybe start dollar-cost averaging if you're considering investing more? Perhaps a $5 drop triggers a buy of 100, another $5 triggers another buy of 100, etc.

Or go with an even more opportunistic method:

SP @ 195 buys 50
SP @ 190 buys 75
SP @ 180 buys 100
SP @ 170 buys 200
etc.
Placed 50 @ 195. Doubt we go much lower. Looking for that MMD to catch a ride ;)

An article:
new-cameras-model-sx.jpg

So I think we can assume that at least some HW4 Model S/X are in production right now.
Looks like the camera is turned out for those obscured turns. But how they didn't get this right in the beginning baffles me. It would have been fairly easy to simulate the 'view" in different scenarios. Not liking the s-curves now at intersections for their solution, but it is what it is.

An article:
new-cameras-model-sx.jpg

This looks similar to the red MS on the floor at St Elmo in Austin.