Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Zero sum game is cranking out a lot of super-bullish stuff about Megapacks. I’m not sure how reliable he is, and we won’t really know until earnings come out how good his estimates on gross margins are.

That said. He says there is another even large megapack factory breaking ground soon. It makes sense and the timing is perfect with Lathrop firing on all cylinders. Didn’t Musk say that Tesla Energy was going to overtake auto? Seems like it may be coming fast.

A decade long summery of TslaQ

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221231-001630_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20221231-001630_Facebook.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 160
How come? On the surface it seems bullish. Curious what your thoughts are and what I might be missing.

The twitter comments, after ignoring the useless posts, are actually pretty useful and some make good points.
Basically, to summarize,

1. This could be preplanned. Not sure if this is a blackout period, but some claim it is. If that’s the case, would likely be preplanned.

2. He could do this in order to cash out the value.

A more bullish interpretation is that exercising when SP is low is most tax efficient. But if this was preplanned then that might just be a coincidence.

I don’t know. I’m just not ready to get excited about this just yet for those reasons.

Electricity prices in Berlin, and it's implications for not just Tesla, but potentially for inflation forecasts etc., driven by energy prices.

Hm... I don't want to be the guy who spoils good party but in the past the spot prices for 31.12. and 1.1. for electricity were negative as well due to excess production from "conventional" (nuclear, coal, gas...) sources and no demand.

Folks, please don't get too bullish too soon. Don't wanna hear any more stories of capitulation at the bottom....

"Please take both of those sentences fully to heart!"

Funny how Elon wants to play the carebear when he's literally Thanos that can vaporize market cap by 50% over the weekend (on top of the existing 50%) if he really wanted to do it.

And when Thanos went villain he owned it. Didn't say oh it's Powell's fault.

Last edited:
Funny how Elon wants to be the carebear when he's literally Thanos that can vaporize market cap by 50% over the weekend if he really wanted to do it.

I have no idea what that means. Is he prepping us for more pain?

For the record, I didn't even consider the possibility that this would be him hinting towards selling more of his own TSLA on the market. I take him at his word that he will absolutely not sell any more TSLA for all of 2023. Personally, I think he just believes that we're not at the bottom yet, and TSLA will continue to follow macros regardless of Tesla company performance.

I have no idea what that means. Is he prepping us for more pain?
You can see what you want to see. Again, he is just saying short term Tesla will be very volatile as the market madness is real. This could mean crazy highs or crazy lows. The market for the past 2 years have demonstrated that it's indeed madness, and you really don't know where anything is going. So it may go exactly how you predicted it or wish for, or it can do the opposite. Just don't make crazy bets is what he is saying. Good numbers can be punished and bad numbers can end up with a rally. Elon is not in the business of predicting short term stock movement.

Yes but I can't imagine the dad was like...here's my retirement of 15 million. He bought at 400. Then sold it with a loss of 10M because 5M is the bare minimum to retire. Like who risk 15M before retirement to buy a stock that hit ATH?
Sold puts, got assigned and finally capitulated ? Several such people in the options thread …