Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@ZeApelido I see good things in your future!

1670305192769.png

Got a text message for 3750 discount for model three or model Y, if delivery before the end of the year, suggest either more incentives coming, or as in the past when they have offered an incentive/discount, a new product line or improvement is coming. With the advent of the semi and the cyber truck on the horizon, I still am curious to know how they are getting That range with those size vehicles. Of course, a larger battery would do it but that is heavier and a detriment to any EV. Perhaps the incentive is being given because next year‘s model three and model Y would have smaller batteries or have a similar size battery and longer range?

11,670 insured units in China.

History:
Tesla MIC 31 Oct-6 Nov: 11,195
Tesla MIC 7-13 Nov: 13,939
Tesla MIC 14-20 Nov: 14,366
Tesla MIC 21-27 Nov: 16,121
Tesla MIC 28 Nov-4 Dec: 11,670

China insured units from 31 Oct-4 Dec: 67,291 units
Retail sales in October: 17,200 units

Quarter-to-date retail sales / insured units: 17,200+67,291= 84,491 units
(One day in October is counted twice, so around 2k units less: 82,500 units)

Last edited:

11,670 insured units in China.

History:
Tesla MIC 31 Oct-6 Nov: 11,195
Tesla MIC 7-13 Nov: 13,939
Tesla MIC 14-20 Nov: 14,366
Tesla MIC 21-27 Nov: 16,121
Tesla MIC 28 Nov-4 Dec: 11,670

China insured units from 31 Oct-4 Dec: 67,291 units
Retail sales in October: 17,200 units

Quarter-to-date retail sales / insured units: 17,200+67,291= 84,491 units
(One day in October is counted twice, so around 2k units less: 82,500 units)
For context, this rounds up to what was "expected":

Don't think we can draw too much conclusions from this, neither should we. Short term data is so much noise, rather look at yearly numbers and add our own understanding of the technology, the people, the competition etc.

Got a text message for 3750 discount for model three or model Y, if delivery before the end of the year, suggest either more incentives coming, or as in the past when they have offered an incentive/discount, a new product line or improvement is coming. With the advent of the semi and the cyber truck on the horizon, I still am curious to know how they are getting That range with those size vehicles. Of course, a larger battery would do it but that is heavier and a detriment to any EV. Perhaps the incentive is being given because next year‘s model three and model Y would have smaller batteries or have a similar size battery and longer range?
The incentive is for you not to wait around until Jan 1 when the IRA tax credits kick in. Looking to move 4Q production.

For context, this rounds up to what was "expected":

Don't think we can draw too much conclusions from this, neither should we. Short term data is so much noise, rather look at yearly numbers and add our own understanding of the technology, the people, the competition etc.
Based on Rob's calculations, there were 16k of inventory from previous month shipped or sold in China for NOV, that was how they got to 100k. So with that massive inventory draw down and they were shipping cars like crazy, they most likely ran out of inventory near month end for China. Plus severe lock downs climaxed as well.

I have been thinking it may take further market disruption to occur, e.g., consolidation of auto makers, management shake-up in some legacy providers, and/or some companies ceasing to exist. Only then, will it be incontrovertible what is occurring, and I would expect FUD to no longer work. TL;DR - Tesla just needs to continue to execute, and eventually the market will catch up.
I do not think the FUD will diminish while media, including TV, radio, newspapers, social media, plus investment banks etc...all depend on revenue from advertising while politicians all depend on political contributions. Those activities are funded in turn by oil and gas, automakers and financial services.

FUD will not slow while all those forces are aligned. OTOH, FUD alone will not stop Tesla nor SpaceX. No question that share price volatility will not slow, but the only real risk for investors is selling or speculating. Both of those can be highly profitable and FUD actually can help them. Now that the SEC classes short sellers as investors FUD is encouraged by short sellers themselves.

In short, FUD is structural and rules against those practices are largely dismantled in the US.

Wonder if it would be source for a lawsuit if they previously acknowledged on-air that Tesla China refuted the claim. CNBS with the Cramer segment stated that Tesla said it was false.
Interesting that Rob Maurer really downplayed Tesla response last night. Sounded to me that he really doesnt believe what Tesla China said.