Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like someone is trying to accumulate TSLA without spiking the price too fast.....
Yes because OPEC+ is making sure that EVs are relevant. Just paid $6.99 for gas in San Deigo the past week. Years ago, TMCers and Tesla forum people felt that gas price was not in the equation for model S. But now at this price point and M3 and MY it sure is. Really all car manufacturers need to pivot to EVs since people's car purchas choices are not all emotional but rational and price elevation of gas shifts the cost equation significantly. There will be no real demand problem until one or a few manufacturers can get to combined 75 million new cars per year.

Unsourced. I'm aware of 1 ship that was loading in Shanghai at the end of September (those are the only ones that won't be counted as 'delivered' in the CPCA Wholesale Rport.

Early VINs, or new production capacity just came online (accelerating the queue)? You should expect some lumpiness during period of fast growth and challenging logistics. Tesla is navigating these shoals extremely skillfully.

'Big picture'? You're time horizon appears to be 2 weeks (which technically is 9 days longer than the shortzes) :p

Straw man! Florida cars have to transit Texas on their way from Fremont. If they we're planned for delivery in the last 72 hrs of the qtr, they were likely delayed (that's another reason to move beyond 'the wave').

Look I get it, you're despondent and you need to vent. Perhaps go for a run, lift some weights? Have a good meal, and get some sleep.

Everything is going to be alright.

Cheers!

Hey Sir, I know Ivan or some other hurricane reached Canada, looks like it smacked you on the head ;)

Your logic of using Ivan in Florida to explain delays from China are ridiculous. I expect better logic. How did you further conclude I had a 2 week horizon? I am an OG from 2013. 1st purchase at $34 :). Cost basis you say ... almost zero ;)

Don't worry, I have long term view and I am just looking to rationalize. (@unk45 had a good post about rationalization this morning).

Last edited:
@cricketman just made my day. While the whole market is crumbling. An entrepreneur sells his company and invest all the proceeds into TSLA. This stock is about to go to $400 ;)
Not ALL the proceeds, I was paid in GBP so I put a few million in 4 year UK government bonds, to stop me stickling all the proceeds in TSLA. Otherwise my wife will kill me...

You know, looking over the rest of the market, TSLA is actually holding up extremely well. Most of the other EV/auto stocks are down by a lot while we are just bopping around the red+green line.
So much is being poured into clean energy and transportation in the entire ecosystem, finally. Words out, just wait.

Zoom out 5 years from now, in 2027, and ask yourself if you stayed in Tesla in 2022 due to the hope and expectation that humanity will avert climate change...or panicked and sold because of the threat of Nuclear War and historically modest inflation rates.

Max pain is $230 this week and $280 next. What a wonderful world we live in.....for MM's.

Should be easy enough to hold around $230 until the economic reports of Wed/Thurs and even if they're positive, hold the $250 call wall Friday.

Then it's an easy peasy road to YET ANOTHER quarterly earnings season of not paying off call buyers. Hold $270/280 next Friday after blockbuster earnings or even just the $300 call wall a whopping 34.5% away and they still make money.

God bless the Madoff Exception!

Used car prices have been trending down the last couple of months. My guess would be that as wait times drop for new cars, there is less incentives to pay a premium for a used Tesla. Average for all brands is -2% last 90 days, but -7% for Tesla vehicles.

Nasdaq is only around 8% off it's pre-covid highs. FWIW.

Cathie Wood's open letter to the Fed:
People can certainly question her trading abilities, but she has her chops in Economics.