Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, well....well...

View attachment 790664

Guess Elon was 'less wrong' after all about Lidar being a crutch.

LOL for the past month, everytime I go for a walk and hit [main East/West road onSF Peninsula] there is one or 2 of the vehicles on the road. Always. I had never seen them before, but suddenly there must be one driving down the road every few minutes.

QNLVEPN6FFKQ3GHWIRJS7UMMWE.jpg

"Rather, we're trying to demonstrate that we can unlock the advantage that Toyota and a large automaker would have, which is access to a huge corpus of data, but with a much lower fidelity," said Benisch, a former engineering director at Lyft's (LYFT.O) self-driving division, which Toyota acquired last year.

Yeah, they are going to "demonstrate" that they can have good peformance on this one road.

Meanwhile Tesla also has a car come down this road every few minutes. And every other road in the U.S..

1649269221520.png

There should be some guidelines that any vehicle not in mass production are not eligible for any awards...oh wait....

1649269272248.png

I forgot, you gotta pay to play.....🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

There is no doubt the share price is manipulated for multiple reasons. Sometimes it's manipulated higher although I think it's much more often manipulated lower or capped. At a minimum, one must acknowledge that market makers have, at a minimum, many millions of dollars on the line at all times and that with the fast historical growth of TSLA share price, a lower share price often benefits them. I won't even get into the Jack Rickards theory although I can't see there not being some truth to that as well.

Having said all that, I'm one of the last people to comment on this manipulation as I take it as a given. While I don't like the greed and gamesmanship behind it, it really doesn't have much of an impact on me as an investor - I just accept it for what it is. There is nothing I can do about it that would be all that significant. It is what it is and sometimes it even helps me.

What's really surprising to me is anyone claiming the share price is NOT manipulated. Pretty much all stocks are and Tesla is not only not an exception, it has more manipulation than most. It takes donning some pretty big blinders to deny that.
My comment had nothing to do with whether or not it is manipulated, I was commenting on the daily (or more than daily) posts about how the particular movement that happened at that moment is due to manipulation. Believe in it or not, I don't care. I just find the ceaseless repetition of said posts to have little merit.

A new Delorean and as an EV in the offing:

If this doesn’t derail the thread from stock price quotes, nothing will. ;)

The Leaf was not a Home Run. It was a bloop single; a ground rule double at best.

Then the runner got stranded on third base.

The Leaf got one point on the board after that ground rule double and Totota/Ford giving up errors.

Then when they had to face Tesla the Nissan manager was ejected from the game while Tesla scored with Model S and Model X.

Seeing the competition in the majors Nissan got reclassified to the minor leagues.

Yes! The doors open around 1600h.

The actual presentation begins around sunset, which will be just before 2000h Central time IIRC.

Also, ostensibly there is NO “professional recording equipment allowed” so we’ll have to see if anyone livestreams the event….

I think they just want to avoid people wandering around with big bulky cameras or drones.

They will allow smartphones which do a pretty solid job at this point.

Conversation from two days ago.

Me: Hello

Mom: I had some kind of fish for dinner.

Me: Was it good?

Mom: What’s the stock price at now?

Me: It closed at $1145 today.

Mom: Here comes $1300.

Me: *laughs* When Mom? Like soon or months from now?

Mom: I’ve never been wrong.

Me: No, not about the price, just last time your timing was off by a bit. Like a year.

Mom: I’m tired. Bye.

So there you have it.

Conversation from two days ago.

Me: Hello

Mom: I had some kind of fish for dinner.

Me: Was it good?

Mom: What’s the stock price at now?

Me: It closed at $1145 today.

Mom: Here comes $1300.

Me: *laughs* When Mom? Like soon or months from now?

Mom: I’ve never been wrong.

Me: No, not about the price, just last time your timing was off by a bit. Like a year.

Mom: I’m tired. Bye.

So there you have it.
I only have one question....Why is your mom so bearish?