Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As someone who has played Deus Ex: Human Revolution, I refuse to stick a chip in my skull which is continuously connected to some external network. If they have an Isolate/Offline mode which lets you disable the radio transmitter/receiver, that actually completely cuts power to it and cannot be overridden by an external trigger to be turned back on, then I'll consider it. Otherwise, no thank you, now or ever.
There will be an on/ off switch, but it’ll be so the computer can shut off your brain so it can use your body unimpeded.

Elon stirring the pot with X.com rumors. I'd invest in a heartbeat... though what mix of X and TSLA to buy would be a conundrum for me

Edit: actually if X were to become a parent company and own all of Tesla, spacex, boring, and neuralink then that makes it easy. I've wondered about a holding company owning a fraction of Tesla, providing the ability to separately own tesla
Thread here:
New Holding Co - X

Elon stirring the pot with X.com rumors. I'd invest in a heartbeat... though what mix of X and TSLA to buy would be a conundrum for me

Edit: actually if X were to become a parent company and own all of Tesla, spacex, boring, and neuralink then that makes it easy. I've wondered about a holding company owning a fraction of Tesla, providing the ability to separately own tesla
TSLA stock price craters as X skyrockets

FYI fellow Tesla investors, I just got a recall email from Tesla on 2014-2021 Model S frunk. Not a big deal, a mobile service will solve it. However, not sure if it will have any effect on stock price tomorrow... Just sharing information before stock market opens in the morning.

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 12.52.32 AM.png

White, unmarked (externally, but internally mounted blue lights) Tesla being trialled, probably will be bought by one or more Fire Services in UK. Avon covers cities with Zero/Low Emission Zones (Bristol & Bath), so important to switch to electric for all public-sector cars/vehicles. They need to replace half their fleet in next couple of years. Advantage of their trial Model 3 Long Range is that it has internal lights, so better aero and not the same marked car in other UK news stories. Seeing more of these being trialled and eventually used by senior Fire Officers can only be good. They had electric e-Niros before, but not happy with range/residual values.

Includes quotes from Fleet Manager & very impressed Fire Service advanced driving instructor. Once the savings are obvious & a few have led the way, I'd expect demand to take off, especially in larger cities planning to introduce Zero/Low Emission Zones

By what mechanism do you propose the X.com (which would have at maximum 170M shares of TSLA) would 'hold' Tesla (which has over 1.0B shares outstanding)?

Reading the tea leaves, no numerology that I can see so far - so this is about Elon re- responding (after a year) to @DaveT's suggestion that he form an "X" holding company for Tesla, SpaceX, Boring and Neuralink.

Since he'd already answered @DaveT's tweet last year - Dec 23 - with a "Good idea" answer, might this be considered a bullish sign? Not that he would actually go through, but just the fact that he took the trouble of resurrecting this topic.

Edit: correction, he didn't resurrect the topic, @DaveT retweeted his old Tweet, and then Elon responded again w/ an emoji. So not such a strong statement, maybe just an acknlowledgment as we know Elon appreciates DaveT (he was very accurate re Elon's tax situation).

Question is, sure this is bullish for Tesla, b/c he wouldn't tweet something like this if it weren't - but is this also bullish for TSLA given his nuanced view of TSLA? What does he think its correct valuation would be?

Bullish - or is it wishful thinking on my part considering I still have a bunch of YOLO Jan 21 calls from 975 to 1475 (w/ only 975 and 1100's green, keeping all the other reds in check, pff) ?

For the record/ completeness - link
TSLA.EMSK.X2.jpg

TSLA.EMSK.X1.jpg

Last edited:
Will this have any effect on the share price? It is a bit old.
Starlink satellite forces Chinese space station to evasive maneuvers (July and October 2021). Millions of Chinese call for boycotting Tesla. China accusing the USA of violating international space treaties.

(in German)
Those 'millions of Chinese' is much more likely to be the Chinese state media spreading FUD.

White, unmarked (externally, but internally mounted blue lights) Tesla being trialled, probably will be bought by one or more Fire Services in UK. Avon covers cities with Zero/Low Emission Zones (Bristol & Bath), so important to switch to electric for all public-sector cars/vehicles. They need to replace half their fleet in next couple of years. Advantage of their trial Model 3 Long Range is that it has internal lights, so better aero and not the same marked car in other UK news stories. Seeing more of these being trialled and eventually used by senior Fire Officers can only be good. They had electric e-Niros before, but not happy with range/residual values.

Includes quotes from Fleet Manager & very impressed Fire Service advanced driving instructor. Once the savings are obvious & a few have led the way, I'd expect demand to take off, especially in larger cities planning to introduce Zero/Low Emission Zones

Tesla in the UK have been doing a really good job getting these demo Model 3s trialled by emergency services across the country. It's great PR for the brand and from the feedback so far I reckon we'll be seeing quite a few in operational use before too long. They aren't the only BEVs in use by the services, but they are the most recognisable.

Will this have any effect on the share price? It is a bit old.
Starlink satellite forces Chinese space station to evasive maneuvers (July and October 2021). Millions of Chinese call for boycotting Tesla. China accusing the USA of violating international space treaties.

(in German)
IMHO No effect on SP - this is standard Chinese posturing to be viewed in the context of the South China Sea tepid war ongoing conflict. Of course the FUD will use it for whatever they can get out of this.

What's with this sudden pre-market dump...?

Edit: looks like it's just a Hedgie bear-raid using the rear-camera harness recall as a motivation, might spook retail a bit, but it's essentially nothing

81,000 shares traded - perfect micro dip for those who can trade pre market AND have big pockets (regardless of who created that dip)

Edit: I concur with the edit ;D

TSLA.pre.dip.jpg

Edit 2: a few hours later, 12:35 EST - indeed bwah hah ahahah

TSLA.Yhoo.jpg

Edit 3: 4:00 PM OOPS ...
of course right after the Edit 2, I must have jinxed it .. SP went down thereafter to 1070, so next stop is Friday 4:00 close ..

Last edited:
Recall: inconsequential. Any dip is a buying opportunity.

Giga Berlin: This whole process has shown that authorities are either corrupt/protectionist, or inept. Sorry, those are the only two options, and neither looks good. Expect a few more weeks before they begin production. Not sure if Elon should start laying on pressure to turn the screws. On the one hand, he could have a lot of influence. On the other, it could backfire. Either way, it doesn’t look good for Brandenburg. Maybe he can find a way to gently get them moving via a tactful Twitter post. (Meh, what am I thinking?)

Starlink/China: I’m supposed to believe that millions of Chinese are going to boycott Tesla because a Starlink satellite had a “near miss” with A Chinese spacecraft? FUD. AND old news. That sounds like the writer for this show called life is running low on story ideas.

Our (sold) newer VW Beetle had this same problem. I soldered it twice, was a high fatigue point. I don’t recall it being news worthy. Desperate for a last chance dip?

Bunch of little thing started breaking after warrantee - parachute strings on the top broke, rear plastic (top) delaminated, visor mount broke, center console latch broke, and the battery was very hard to remove.

Then I needed special tools to drop the pan for an oil change… that’s literally when I had enough. Didn’t want to be the mechanic anymore, and it was literally when we started considering an EV. Our Nissan Murano did much better, but I did not enjoy replacing the alternator let alone any belts!