Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tsla dipped under 1000 couple times at open while Nasdaq was green
Hmmm I guess you could say that was the initial start of his selling. Not nearly enough volume in those first 12 mins it to be even half of his total sells. As we've seen in his filing, his sells are spread throughout the day, hence why it usually acts as a capping mechanism for periods of the day

This may not be practical yet. Some ballpark numbers:

Average charge rate: 100 kW
Average use time: 10%
Average useful time of insolation: 50%

For one stall you would need 100 kW / 10 * 2 = 50 kW of solar panels. This will cost Tesla $25k per stall, not including batteries and require 4,300 square feet of panels. Twenty stalls would require nearly the area of a Walmart Supercenter. Perhaps the panels could be covered with bullet proof glass but I'd still be concerned about vandalism at these remote locations.

An easier goal would be to put chargers at most of the existing interstate interchanges that already have service facilities. There will be people around and access to the grid. Drivers will feel safer and have more amenities available.
if you did it that way you are doing it wrong. You install as much solar cover as the spot allows but no more. You then sell back power when it is not in use and offset usage at the location. This , with or without batteries is already profitable in the USA with tax incentives. Batteries are located where they can reduce demand charges and where they can make money buying low and selling high. Where and how much is above my pay grade. But I do know at first Tesla can do the math and put them in locations first with quick payback. On completely new supercharger locations the payback of doing the entire install together will be very fast. Maybe as few as four years.

Reactions: UncaNed

For one stall you would need 100 kW / 10 * 2 = 50 kW of solar panels. This will cost Tesla $25k per stall, not including batteries and require 4,300 square feet of panels. Twenty stalls would require nearly the area of a Walmart Supercenter. Perhaps the panels could be covered with bullet proof glass but I'd still be concerned about vandalism at these remote locations.

An easier goal would be to put chargers at most of the existing interstate interchanges that already have service facilities. There will be people around and access to the grid. Drivers will feel safer and have more amenities available.
Tesla Drive in restaurants. Service is Teslabots on rolller skates. You pull in, plug in to the supercharger station, and order from the comfort of your car on the console.

Order and power is all charged automatically to your Tesla associated credit card. When you are done you unplug and drive off.

Lots of surface area for charging.
1640295109532.jpeg

Next week should bring more fireworks. We have a combination of:

Closing at HOD multiple days in a row, especially on OpEx day
Call IVs are up nicely
We sliced right through the 20 DMA - no resistance whatsoever
Elon might have sold his last tranche today - I share this theory
P&D FOMO rally starts next week

Call IV's indeed up nicely. Even my DITM LEAPS which were meant to be converted to shares are up about 2-3X the share price % today.

$175B in valuation change over what.....13hrs of market time across two days? Wild stuff.

Even wilder? Since the Hertz Fleet purchase announcement on Oct 25, TSLA has traded 1,251.6B shares with turnover of $1.3339 Trillion dollars for a weighted avg selling price of $1,065.78

Today's Close was $1,067.00

That's just further proof we live in a simulation.

You'd think market regulators would at least take a peak at how this seems to happen with TSLA so regularly.

That's how the people who own them make money: It's the churn, baby.

75636588.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited:
It is certainly interesting seeing daily retirement fund fluctuations as big as your annual income.
Or five times your annual income . . . and I do make some serious money at my Day job.

If I'd only not been so fearful when we started buying TSLA back in 2013 (we were only putting "reasonable" amounts, which was everything, but was such a baby with margin).

Live and learn.

OK, so Tesla should still do that like you said.

20 stalls is way more than most Supercharging stations, and half a Walmart roof area doesn't sound so bad if it powered all that.

Also, I wasn't really suggesting this thing would be totally off-grid, though I might have implied it.

Last edited:
Reactions: BitJam

The new project will be the first in Hungary to use the innovative energy solution from Tesla. The Dunamenti Power Plant will have a maximum performance of 4 megawatts and a storage capacity of 8 megawatts. The project with Megapacks is designed for two hours of work, which is significantly higher than the previous development, which could provide only half and one hour storage periods. Thus, Megapack provides an opportunity for more efficient system integration of renewable energy producers.