Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for everyone’s input this quarter; it made it fairly easy to HODL… still.

Having lunch in Tamarindo CR right now… Pura Vida!

image.jpg

@mongo,
I'm probably missing something obvious or important,
here are last 3 lines from Form 4's from the 21st and 22nd
both end with Elon having 174,706,221 shares

Common Stock12/21/2021S(1)6,617(2)D$937.422(21)1,154,883D
Common Stock12/21/2021S(1)19(2)D$939.041,154,864D
Common Stock174,706,221I
Common Stock12/22/2021S(1)700(2)D$1,013.997(24)2,326,821D
Common Stock12/22/2021S(1)877(2)D$1,014.939(25)2,325,944D
Common Stock174,706,221
There are a bunch of different values tracked on these Form 4s:
Shares in the Musk Trust: 174,706,221
Shares outside the trust (where executed options go to and get sold from): 2,325,944
Combine these to get his true total: 177,032,165
Eventually, the active balance will be shifted to the trust.

Running total of unexecuted (vested and non) 2012 ceo plan: 4,191,631
Unvested portion of CEO plan: 2,637,455
Subtracting gets us vested options able to be exercised: 1,554,176

Option #3 - Lawsuit by the SEC added to the shareholder lawsuit against Elon for his Twitter Poll.

Great, another 'selling opportunity' for Elon with an income tax break, and a PR disaster for the SEC. Win-win.

Elon executed his May 21, 2019 tranche of stock options just 4 weeks after the court ruling against the SEC case: (Apr 26, 2019)

That was NOT a coincidence. Elon is legend. His social media influence is now the subject of scientific research:

(PDF) (2020). Enhancing digital literacy through the understanding of multimodal creativity in social media: a case study of Elon Musk's social-influencer discourse in his Twitter posts | Researchgate.net

There is a LARGER plan, and the SEC is simply grist for the mill. Elon has them outnumbered, outgunned, and surrounded. They are playing tiddlywinks while Elon is playing Global Domination.

I'd like to see Tesla install chargers at all US interstate rest areas that have room for solar and batteries... and that's pretty much ALL of them, as most rest areas seem to have lots of extra land, or at least plenty of room for solar panel covered canopies and a megapack or two.

Nowhere else could be as convenient for those traveling long distances to charge along the way.

...point being, all the gumm'int need provide would be the wasteland in the medians, and the power could be generated on the spot -what a GREAT DEMONSTRATION of solar and storage! Multiplied by a thousand US rest areas!

...while I'm bloviating... I'd like to see Tesla singlehandedly build all the 500,000 charging stations the Biden/Harris administration proclaimed we needed, just because they CAN!
So you want a Buccees with charging stations instead of gas pumps. :)

...while I'm bloviating... I'd like to see Tesla singlehandedly build all the 500,000 charging stations the Biden/Harris administration proclaimed we needed, just because they CAN!
There's only 150k gas stations in the US, why would we need 500k chargers? Even if he's talking about individual charging ports, that seems far too many. There's already a charging station at nearly everyone's house.

There's only 150k gas stations in the US, why would we need 500k chargers? Even if he's talking about individual charging ports, that seems far too many. There's already a charging station at nearly everyone's house.
+ workplace and apartment/condo parking garages. Throughput is slower for DC chargers vs gas stations, but as speeds increase it's not so slow that we need 5x as many slots.

Speed/throughput would be the reason folks would come up with that math I imagine.

1 gas pump can fuel from empty to full 10 or more cars per hour-- Whereas most L3 chargers (esp. non tesla ones) can do...1 car in an hour from near empty to near full.

Now- we know most will charge at home (though some % of the population can't)- and we know it's dumb to charge from empty to full in one go- but those are non-obvious things to those less familiar with EVs.

Currently, TSLA is up 5.7x vs the NASDAQ-100 and 6.7x vs the S&P 500.

Merry Christmas, everyone!
I'd put money on Elon's last tranche being sold today, hence the stagnation since about 2 and a half hours ago. Seems most logical given he's sold 2 times this week that the schedule was to wrap it up before Christmas.

We might see something similar to yesterday where the stock accelerated in the last 30 mins after the selling from Elon has subsided.

Last edited: