Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The fact it was down implies changes were made. The fact it was down just 9 minutes reenforces the idea that whatever is up now, is not what went down and that it was down for a transition IMO.

Implying what specifically I dunno. But it does suggest that customers are going to be taking cars home that have functionality that required the API to be swapped in a destructive manner.

Could also just be coincidence.
I'd bet a lot of money a bunch of new features are in the new API. Hope someone checks!

The fact it was down implies changes were made. The fact it was down just 9 minutes reenforces the idea that whatever is up now, is not what went down and that it was down for a transition IMO.

Implying what specifically I dunno. But it does suggest that customers are going to be taking cars home that have functionality that required the API to be swapped in a destructive manner.

Could also just be coincidence.

Did everyone else get an app update yesterday too, or was it just me?

It's the regulators that are the issue, you could drive those tunnels as fast as you want but they won't even let the humans drive over 40 in there until Boring Company proves it's safe.

said another way:

You just said how easy it is to drive there, tell me if it isn't a regutor issue why aren't they letting the humans drive over 40 mph there now?

They are only going 40 mph because the trip is too short to justify accelerating to a higher speed. They don't want to use the extra electricity to speed up and brakes to slow back down. It's wasteful, creates brake dust and a less pleasant experience. What for? All to make the trip 10 seconds shorter? It has nothing to do with regulators although I suspect their insurance is lower than if they said they were going to be go 70 mph for two seconds.

Last edited:
I'm no fan of Fred but if you have an example of him faking a quote from Elon I'd like to see it.
There is absolutely no way I'm going back through Fred's articles lol....but it wouldn't matter anyways. He's used quotes before which were never verified because Elon or anyone at Tesla is not going to bother or take the time to verify them. It’s impossible to prove. I think it's beyond fair to be skeptical of Fred...his prior articles, which are as close as you can be to FUD/Hit Piece articles, speak for themselves. He has been wrong on the stuff he's reported on before including the refresh S/X that he rumored for forever and STILL turned out to be wrong.

Besides, it's just my view of Fred and his journalist integrity. I don't need to prove that out....I'm not the journalist.

Last edited: