Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That puts the 19” wheels with a range around 465, based on the current 350/390 split in the configurator.

jeez, if that's accurate why do they even sell those stupid larger rims? worse range, worse acceleration, worse handling, worse comfort. And they cost more. Hard to imagine a dumber "upgrade".

What great ideas, @lafrisbee! (those who've never road tripped distances with kids are excused for not reading!). What a natural extension of car games using the power of Tesla's infotainment system, but putting the focus on the real, outside world vs. just dumb-watching videos like they're in their living rooms.

Can you say "Tesla Apps Store"..?
Thanks, I think Elon would dig it too,,,since he is so keen into educating his children, and those around him. I could do ZERO programming, but I've given it some thought and I would freely do what I could to further the idea...I mean we all can't live on Mars.

• Love
Reactions: kanweg
TESLA Model S Plaid (TEST) Monroney sticker photographed at Fremont today:

Plaid-S.Monroney.sticker.2021-06-10.jpg

TECHNICAL:
  • Tri motor all-wheel drive
  • Three phase, six pole, internal permanent magnet motors (front)
  • Dual, independent, three phase, six pole, internal permanent magnet motors (rear)
  • Dual Drive inverters with adaptive regenerative braking system
  • Lithium-ion battery high voltage battery
  • Mobile charging kit with 120 volt and J1772 adapter
Note that the sticker indicates that 75% of the total parts contents comes from US/Canada or Mexico, implying that 25% of parts come from outside those countries.

120 MPGe EPA rating appears to be with the optional 21" wheels (see sticker above). Range is 405 miles for Plaid S with the larger wheels.

Not bad for the best car in the world!

Cheers!

Last edited:
I know everyone is focused on the Plaid reveal, but here’s some recent info: Roadtripping across MT, ND, MN and seeing model Y’s everywhere. This is/will be the bestselling EV ever. Talked to Tesla Energy tech and MY has capability to charge at 350 KW, just waiting for V4 SCs. Also, a friend in the Midwest just cross-shopped the MY and Mach-e, finally ordering MY. Delivery is possibly EOQ or, if not, then September!

Finally, my reading between the lines: Tesla has already produced hundreds, if not thousands, of Model Y’s with 4680 batteries, various chemistries, and is testing them as company service vehicles to verify operational characteristics. This tech is cheaper to produce and will eventually be in ALL Tesla vehicles, as the volume production increases. The exact chemistry is continuously changing/improving, optimized for vehicle models, PowerWalls, and MegaPaks, so don’t bother trying to follow because it’s constantly changing/optimizing. Tesla is also likely slowly closing out old contracts on 18650 and 2170 formats, eventually switching everything to the cheaper 4680 format. Finally, I don’t know anything, Tesla-specific, it’s all just supposition based on years of experience in manufacturing and R&D.