Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm just saying what level a drop I think is cause for concern. That's under 500. I can go take a nap in the low 700s. But to your point, as long as the fundamentals of the company are still good, technical resistance will get stronger as the price goes down. That's pretty much a no-brainer. If the company is executing more people find value as the price goes down. I chose 500 because I see strong technical resistance at that price. 500 was a ceiling, the sp busted through that ceiling and 500 becomes a floor.

Under 500? That's where I really start worrying someone knows something (bad) I don't know.
It was just at around $400 a few months ago. Nothing has fundamentally changed with the company since then. $400 wasn't scary back then nor should $500 be scary now. Of course I wish I had a crystal ball hanging below my big PP, and I had sold near 900, so I could be playing this dip, but I’m definitely not worried about being in the poorhouse 10 years from now.

He was also right about the bleed.
We have to understand that what we see in Tesla is not what others see. We can see 20 million sales, high margins and robotaxis. The market in general is not convinced, and it is illogical to assume that they will become convinced with no catalyst.

I think most people were reacting to the manor in which he waltzed in with no history here and no new information and started spreading "care bear" messages rapid fire because we have all seen this so many times over the last two years and people like this always act like they know more but we know first hand how much damage our portfolios would have incurred had we reacted to each one.

Sometimes the way you deliver a message is just as important as the content of the message.

As someone who has made many millions in profits on multiple high flyers over the years by buying and holding through numerous downturns that looked just like this, PeeWee just comes across as looking silly and inexperienced.

It might be different if he had something worthwhile or new to contribute.

Does it look like TESLA will be able to deliver refreshed S before the eod of the month?

Good work, people were running out of things to worry about :)

The plan will be to miraculously deliver al Model S made this quarter, by the end of the quarter.

it is a production ramp, but no evidence so far it has turned into "production hell".

It is likely to be lower than normal production, probably significantly lower. maybe this risk was considered when timing the refresh.

Good work, people were running out of things to worry about :)

The plan will be to miraculously deliver al Model S made this quarter, by the end of the quarter.

it is a production ramp, but no evidence so far it has turned into "production hell".

It is likely to be lower than normal production, probably significantly lower. maybe this risk was considered when timing the refresh.

Delivered?

https://twitter.com/codingmark/status/1364039278993444870?s=21

I think most people were reacting to the manor in which he waltzed in with no history here and no new information and started spreading "care bear" messages rapid fire because we have all seen this so many times over the last two years and people like this always act like they know more but we know first hand how much damage our portfolios would have incurred had we reacted to each one.

Sometimes the way you deliver a message is just as important as the content of the message.

As someone who has made many millions in profits on multiple high flyers over the years by buying and holding through numerous downturns that looked just like this, PeeWee just comes across as looking silly and inexperienced.

It might be different if he had something worthwhile or new to contribute.

Maybe it’s just me but I just always assumed these people are short or just hate Tesla and come here hoping to wage psychological warfare by convincing us to sell using wsb style communication and it just sticks out like a sore thumb here because it’s so blatantly different that normal dialog here

Maybe it’s just me but I just always assumed these people are short or just hate Tesla and come here hoping to wage psychological warfare by convincing us to sell using wsb style communication and it just sticks out like a sore thumb here because it’s so blatantly different that normal dialog here
People on this forum are so battle damaged from 2 years ago that there's really nothing that can be said that can destroy these diamond hands.

This IS a hive mind, one that's made many of us little bees very rich. The HODLers aren't phased by the dip, AND THEY DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT. Some of the HODLers have trading accounts, but if they've lost money THEY DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT. Some pure traders hang out here, but if they've lost money they're VERY aware of that and THEY DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT.

TL;dr NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR ABOUT IT.

She also mentioned people like bigpeepee leaving a trail of unhappy investors, but in hindsight, it's pretty obvious who in this argument left a trail of unhappy investors.
She also mentioned that the market would frontrun everything like 20 million sales and robotaxis, so dips aren't possible.

Yep, every investor who listened to me when I’ve said in the past to buy with impunity (and hold) is kicking themselves today. :rolleyes:

I’ve never posted about the market front running anything - pay closer attention, I simply don’t ‘talk’ in that way.

I’ve never posted about 20 million sales of anything in any context. FYI, I have stated no opinion on how many vehicles Tesla will sell per some future timetable.

Until right now I don’t recall typing the words robo-taxi, let alone discussing in any meaningful way.

I’ve never posted about dips not happening. Indeed I’ve mentioned a number of times about substantial dips that have happened, such as the Brexit dip of February 2016 where the stock went from 280ish to 140ish in a few days than right back up within a couple weeks to remind people to chill out when panic overtakes their senses.

So wander yourself back to the archives and try again. And do mind your context manners if you decide to cherry pick to try and make a point.

Not attacking her. Only reminding her about her failed prediction about the market front-running everything, which she so arrogantly posted. Read her post. She wanted to be reminded and I'm just delivering the crow, since the person who was right is now banned.
If stating facts makes me a troll, then there is no hope for this community.

You might want to reread that post of mine. It doesn’t say anything about front running the market.

Fact is I not so nicely asked Mr. PeePee to be as bold as my post massive stroke, nursing home bound mother and put some dates to his predictions so he could be held accountable for his claimed ‘certainty’ because he was being jerk.

He got banned because he was once again being a jerk. As someone who has been banned in the past, I can identify when someone is being a jerk. FYI, you’re being a jerk right now.

So wander yourself back to the archives and try again. And do mind your context manners if you decide to cherry pick to try and make a point.

It's funny the way new posters think they can walt in here and rewrite history. There might be a couple of gullible long-timers in here but that's not gonna fly with 99% of us.

Because we didn't get to where we are today by selling our shares everytime a care bear told us they were going down.

We need Lucid to supply EV's to those who demand "luxury" in order to transition more people to sustainable transportation. Maybe Tesla can set up a solar/energy storage referral program with Lucid to encourage their customers to make a more complete transition.

As for luxury cars, I wouldn't have two Tesla if I demanded that kind of luxury. Most people I know wouldn't be caught dead in a luxury car. Many of them are your "millionaire next door" types. It's not an affordability issue, it's an image thing.

upload_2021-2-23_0-22-25.jpeg

Lucid is doing battery energy storage.

Elon mentions Peter Rawlinson about twice per year. To dump on him.

Peter gets asked about Elon/Tesla at just about every interview. About 9 times he complements Tesla. About once he dumps on Elon.

There are about 1000 solar companies Peter/Lucid will partner with before Tesla.

I know those WASPy types that think a luxury branded car is a vulgar display of wealth.

Then there is the other 90% of rich people that disagree. That is why Audi,BMW, and Mercedes sell ~8M cars per year.