Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great correlation. One falls 11% the other 0.5%. The bitcoin speculators really are desperate to find any kind of connection to real companies. If you think TeslaQ people are ridiculous it's nothing compared to the ones pumping bitcoin.

"If you think TeslaQ people are ridiculous it's nothing compared to the ones pumping bitcoin."...........................

Respectfully, that list of people 'pumping' crypto includes Cathy Wood whose ARKK fund include crypto, and Chamath Palihapitiya - who recently tweeted that when $BTC gets to $150k he would "buy The Hamptons and convert it to sleepaway camps for kids, working farms, and low cost housing." Cathy and Chamath are literally the antithesis of TeslaQ as they have contributed much to TSLA's share price rise in the last couple years. As a long time TSLA Long, I have come to expect fake news from any source, from either side of the aisle, and on either side of any investment. Could you please help me understand what you think Chamath and Cathy are overlooking with their very sizeable crypto investments and their extremely bullish sentiment with crypto in general? I have taken profits from TSLA in the past and rolled some into ARKK so I am sincerely interested in a view I may be missing as well.

upload_2021-1-21_11-54-20.png

Last edited:
"If you think TeslaQ people are ridiculous it's nothing compared to the ones pumping bitcoin."...........................

Respectfully, that list of people 'pumping' crypto includes Cathy Wood whose ARKK fund include crypto, and Chamath Palihapitiya - who recently tweeted that when $BTC gets to $150k he would "buy The Hamptons and convert it to sleepaway camps for kids, working farms, and low cost housing." Cathy and Chamath are literally the antithesis of TeslaQ as they have contributed much to TSLA's share price rise in the last couple years. As a long time TSLA Long, I have come to expect fake news from any source, from either side of the aisle, and on either side of any investment. Could you please help me understand what you think Chamath and Cathy are overlooking with their very sizeable crypto investments and their extremely bullish sentiment with crypto in general? I have taken profits from TSLA in the past and rolled some into ARKK so I am sincerely interested in a view I may be missing as well.
This is not the place to discuss the merits of bitcoin. While I very much disagree with Cathy and Chamath on this issue I find it a bit rude that you equal them being in support of something to them 'pumping'. I don't. The seem to be arguing their side pretty reasonable. You need to use twitter only about five minutes though to se similarities to how fanatical, untruthful and spammy many bitcoin fanatics are. Just like the tslaQ idiots.

Benzinga - 6 minutes ago: 11 Investing Themes For The Biden Era, According To Jim Cramer

Excerpt:

Electric Vehicles: With the Democratic Party being strong on fighting climate change, Cramer said people will start to purchase more electric vehicles.

Companies like Tesla and the manufacturers merging with special acquisition companies will see unparalleled growth, he said.

~~~MODERATOR WARNING:

Of all the Off Topic subjects that pop up in this thread, anything regarding cryptocurrencies that does not palpably and irrefutably concern Tesla or TSLA is at the highest level likely both to raise Moderators' ire and diminish those posters' ability to post further.

ZERO more such posts here.~~~~~

With the SP being kept at 845~ish so steadily, you'd think it was options close Friday. :eek:

This steady price reminds me of last quarter, when earnings came out end of October and we had been hovering at the Forbidden(tm) stock price for a while. Then the wonderful earnings came out, and we dropped $40 before the S&P500 announcement happened and we went off on the rocket again. I wonder if this time is going to repeat, only maybe another stock split as the catalyst? Dunno what else would have the same umph as the S&P500 announcement.

Last edited:
The FUD is strong today. Here's an article that about FSD that devolves into an anti Tesla hit piece:

The real self-driving revolution remains years away - CNN

Excerpts:

"it will be decades before people can buy truly self-driving cars in which humans ride solely as passengers"

"Reimer said the sensors in Tesla's cars simply will not allow for genuine self-driving in complex environments in the near future. Specifically, Teslas lack the lidar sensors most experts say are needed for a true self-driving car."

"Without the accuracy of lidar, it just isn't possible to completely release humans from the task of driving."

"Funkhouser pointed to Tesla's other recent advancements, such as giving its cars the ability to recognize and respond to stoplights and stop signs. In Consumer Reports' testing, she said that technology was found to be unreliable, failing to stop at some stop signs and then slamming to a halt needlessly at some yield signs. She expects Full Self-Driving to be something similar."

With the SP being kept at 845~ish so steadily, you'd think it was options close Friday. :eek:

This steady price reminds me of last quarter, when earnings came out end of October and we had been hovering at the Forbidden(tm) stock price for a while. Then the wonderful earnings came out, and we dropped $40 before the S&P500 announcement happened and we went off on the rocket again. I wonder if this time is going to repeat, only maybe another stock split as the catalyst? Dunno what else would have the same umph as the S&P500 announcement.

Biggest short term catalyst will be S/X refresh. Hopefully they don't disappoint and comes with an external+range refresh of over 500 miles. Would also like to see the price goes up 10k due to the change. I honestly think there will be a short term sell off if the refresh is a disappointment(like 20 miles increase in range). Currently people are gambling if Tesla have solve the battery yield issue and really want to see if this battery is as magical as what was presented (or at least be more clear on the messaging of its advantages that many bulls claim analyst missed). This would require hitting better than expected performance in range and scalability.

Another short term catalyst will be massive profits without reg credits and 30%+ gross margin.

Been a while since we've seen $TSLA trade in a day within a $15 range....Oh well...the longer the base....y'all know the rest :)
The volume these last days have been really low...
Indeed, and today the lightest TSLA trading volume since November 11th, Veterans Day. Meanwhile, Ford shares were surging with unusually high volume. Some speculators might have shifted their interest there, amid wishes that Ford EVs can compete successfully with Tesla. They would have been following Ford press releases, and hope to have found the "next Tesla". Good luck! In any event, a number of TSLA traders may have moved aside before Wednesday's earnings report.

The FUD is strong today. Here's an article that about FSD that devolves into an anti Tesla hit piece:

Excerpts:

"Reimer said the sensors in Tesla's cars simply will not allow for genuine self-driving in complex environments in the near future. Specifically, Teslas lack the lidar sensors most experts say are needed for a true self-driving car."

"Without the accuracy of lidar, it just isn't possible to completely release humans from the task of driving."

My takeaway from the FSD videos on youtube is that whatever problems need to be fixed or improvements need to be made, none of them would be improved with lidar.

If it was an open question (for some people) before, certainly now that those videos are out the question should be settled for anyone who has seen them and thought critically about it. Lidar simply is not required.

Stock Split
Robotaxi announcement - with human drivers assisting FSD for now
Announcing several new factories planning to build 20 mill cars eventually

whenever an article on FSD mentions lidar, I just stop reading, as its 100% clear that whoever is writing it has no flipping clue about the subject and can be ignored.

So you are saying that Lidar is really efficient - at detecting FUD?

I suppose the combination of S&P inclusion and several pairs of Shorts moving to other stocks, (that they hope will fail for them better than TSLA wouldn't :p ) has damped the usual level of background noise that had contributed to higher daily volume. Add in the political turmoil and uncertainty, the recent SP run up, etc., and there may be more than a few folks sitting tight, waiting to see what is around the corner.

Hopefully soon, something noteworthy happens to bring the focus of investors with money and high hopes back outside to play. This seems to always come this way sooner or later. Just never as quickly as I'd like, but, oh boy, when it does ...

Just watching that spring as it is wound up tries one's patience, and all I can do is HODL.

Excerpts:

"it will be decades before people can buy truly self-driving cars in which humans ride solely as passengers"

"Funkhouser pointed to Tesla's other recent advancements, such as giving its cars the ability to recognize and respond to stoplights and stop signs. In Consumer Reports' testing, she said that technology was found to be unreliable, failing to stop at some stop signs and then slamming to a halt needlessly at some yield signs. She expects Full Self-Driving to be something similar."
I just can't understand how a road system that allows people with 1 eye to drive succesfully and legally, requires lidar. In theory one good camera is enough. The problem isn't the amount of sensors but the processing in the backend.
Not saying Tesla's setup isn't better than a one-eyed person that can turn it's head. But it's pretty obvious it should be technically solvable with just one camera.